Camel Audio Group Buy

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
Just saw this over at KVR - thought some might be interested. I tried CamelPhat and loved it - might be a good time to pick it up if this goes well.

Camel Audio Group Buy at KVR

As widely requested by potential customers in our recent survey and in view of the tough economic times, Camel Audio are pleased to announce the Camel Audio Group Buy opportunity.

The price of Alchemy is currently $249 outside of the Group Buy, but with a maximum discount of 50% you could end up paying just $125 for Alchemy, $43 for CamelSpace/CamelPhat or $29 for a soundbank. Whether or not we reach this level will depend on your efforts as well as ours to tell more people about this program.

In the table below, Alchemy counts for 3 points, and all other products such as CamelSpace, CamelPhat and soundbanks count for 1 point. We will offer the following Group Buy pricing depending on the volume of people who commit:

20 : 15% <- Current Level : 15% Off!
50 : 20%
100 : 25%
150 : 30%
300 : 35%
450 : 40%
600 : 45%
1000: 50%

75 : Free Alchemy Sounds: Choirs, Basses & Keys - 700MB samples + 30 presets
400 : Free Alchemy Sounds: Viral Infection - Nuceleus Soundlabs - 1GB samples + 30 presets
800 : Free Alchemy Sounds: Extra 90 presets

This group buy isn't just an opportunity to expand the Alchemy userbase, its also an opportunity to make Alchemy even better with up to 1.7GB of extra samples and 150 presets. We are offering the above extra bonusses to all Alchemy customers - not just group buy participants. If you purchased Alchemy recently at full price, and despite the above benefits you don't feel happy, then please email us at support@camelaudio.com and we'll do our best to put a smile back on your face.

You'd better hurry if you want to participate - the Group Buy will end on Monday, November 16th. Once the group buy is over or the maximum discount is reached, we will send out special links from which you can purchase the products at the reduced price. You will then have two weeks in which to purchase.

To take part, simply visit the following link and select the products you would like to purchase, and then sign-up for a Camel Audio account if you have not already done so:

I love CamelPhat and CamelSpace after trying the demos - might pick both of them up if this group buy thing is getting somewhere. Thanks a lot for the heads up!

I'm just wondering how this works... It seems you kind of "reserve" a purchase in order to increase the purchase points, you don't actually pay for anything until 2 weeks has gone. What if a lot of people would cancel their orders when the time is out? Now that would be bad for business.

To me, this kind of a group deal somehow seems a bit risky for the Camel Audio guys, but I'm sure they have thought this through.

I haven't registered to the group buy yet, but I'm probably going to do it very soon.

I'm just wondering how this works... It seems you kind of "reserve" a purchase in order to increase the purchase points, you don't actually pay for anything until 2 weeks has gone. What if a lot of people would cancel their orders when the time is out? Now that would be bad for business.

To me, this kind of a group deal somehow seems a bit risky for the Camel Audio guys, but I'm sure they have thought this through.

I haven't registered to the group buy yet, but I'm probably going to do it very soon.

Its kinda vague, but from what i can tell, the "points" come from actual purchases of camel products. at the end of the 2 weeks, anyone who has expressed an interest in the group buy will be given the chance to purchase using the discount.

maybe.... :lol:

Its kinda vague, but from what i can tell, the "points" come from actual purchases of camel products. at the end of the 2 weeks, anyone who has expressed an interest in the group buy will be given the chance to purchase using the discount.

maybe.... :lol:

Well, this is what they say:

You'd better hurry if you want to participate - the Group Buy will end on Monday, November 16th. Once the group buy is over or the maximum discount is reached, we will send out special links from which you can purchase the products at the reduced price. You will then have two weeks in which to purchase.

Intreguing.

i would love to get my hands on Alchemy,:)

That's what I'm looking at - I've read such great reviews of Alchemy and heard some really great stuff created with it. At a potential price of $125 for it, I doubt I'll be able to pass this deal up. I also want to pick up CamelPhat as well.

I signed up - Alchemy and CamelPhat baby!!!!! It's going to reach %50 off today for sure. Alchemy for $125.00 and CamelPhat for $43.00, can't go wrong.

50%!!

I'm getting CamelPhat and CamelSpace. CamelPhat seems good and CamelSpace is one of the most inspiring plugins I remember trying.

How this groupbuy works was kinda confusing.. but I think I managed to sign up for alchemy and CamelPhat :)

I know what you mean - not sure how they are getting people to "commit" to the purchase without a buy now type option. Seems you just sign up then wait till it's over to give billing info.

I see that they are adding more incentives for point levels - already over 1000 points and a %50 percent discount. As for actually buying it - Ben from Camel audio posted that people will have from the end date on the 16th till the end of the month (November) to actually buy it at that discounted price if they signed up for the group buy. I'll be paying for it as soon as they open it up. I want to get my hands on Alchemy and lock myself in a room.

Just purchased Phat and Space today - fuck it, they're both still awesome even though they've been around for years.

Anyone else purchased stuff yet? Also, if anyone is even slightly interested about Alchemy, I suggest getting that now for 99&#8364;. You'll get shitloads of bonus stuff with it!

Alchemy and I spent about 4 hours last night - I have a feeling I can spend the next several years and never run out of sounds to create. I bought Alchemy, CamelPhat, and the BigTone sound bank. I may buy the other sound banks as well. Shit by the end of the month (that's the deadline for purchasing after the group buy ends on the 16th) I may have every Camel Audio product :)

Alchemy looks awesome for atmospheric stuff! I have Camel Audio's Starscapes and Biolabs sound packs for the Native Instruments Absynth synth and they are brilliant. Some of the most inspiring pads and atmospheres you could ever ask for if you're at all into ambient/atmospheric music. REALLY good stuff. Alchemy appears to be similar, and I really want to check it out.

Alchemy appears to be similar, and I really want to check it out.

You should download the Demo (it's available for both PC and Mac for you Apple folks out there) and give it a test, but do it quickly, the group buy is only open through November 16th so time is running short.