Cameras and pictures

Mr. Bland

Hey look, its MR BLAND!
Nov 16, 2005
Lancaster, California, USA
I'm sorry if this has been posted previously.

I was wondering how you can get a camera into a gig. Because on most venues they say "No Cameras", yet i see that quite a few people have pictures of Opeth at gigs.

What happens if you just bring a camera there? Do they take it away or something?

Most places check you for metal objects. they use metal detector wands and it is pretty hard bringing in a camera that is made of metal to a gig. if you do have one you cant enter with it so they keep it until after the show. trust me i feel your pain, i went to the show last night in chicago and i came out with no pictures from it. can anyone help me out if you took some at chicago last night?

Most venues around here don't have a problem with as long as it's obvious you're not a professional - ie, you don't have pro equipment....you're fine with just a digital camera, for example.

In Quebec City, they allowed cameras, but didn't allow flash, so \90% of my pictures were blurry without flash :(

Back in October, when I went to the Montreal show, they didn't allow camers (searched us and made us leave them with coats at coat check), but I stuffed mine down my pants, and they didn't find it, so I got lots of good pictures that time. So you see, there is always an alternative. Sneak a camera in. :)

I wanted to take some pictures when 1349 and Gorgoroth played here, a couple of months ago. It said "no cameras" on the front door, but I tried to sneak it in with me, and just take some pics without flash. But they had a fucking metal detector, so I had no choice but giving them my cam, and just pick it up after the show. Some people even managed to take their cameras inside, but they always got busted when trying to take a picture, and had to leave, lol pwn3d!

A lot of venues are really strict about it. I know that the House of Blues here in AC absolutely will not let you bring a camera in. The TLA in Philly, however, care more about people with Sharpie markers grafitting the walls than cameras. I was up on the balcony for In Flames taking 5 pictures a minute, right in front of one of the security guys, and he didn't say a word.

maybe you should ring the venue and just ask, if they say no, then you can make a plan for getting it in if youre really that desperate to see the same photos you see from a million gigs :lol:

Godhead's Lament said:
In Quebec City, they allowed cameras, but didn't allow flash, so \90% of my pictures were blurry without flash :(

Back in October, when I went to the Montreal show, they didn't allow camers (searched us and made us leave them with coats at coat check), but I stuffed mine down my pants, and they didn't find it, so I got lots of good pictures that time. So you see, there is always an alternative. Sneak a camera in. :)
lol @ u.. they searched me, asked what was in my pocket, i said: wallet and camera...
they let me in lol.. it was a black guy searching me though.. and im like.. the whitest person ever.. so ya iunno, i got in and my camera is part videocamera.. so i got video as well as pics.. it was guud..

N-MAYH said:
lol @ u.. they searched me, asked what was in my pocket, i said: wallet and camera...
they let me in lol.. it was a black guy searching me though.. and im like.. the whitest person ever.. so ya iunno, i got in and my camera is part videocamera.. so i got video as well as pics.. it was guud..

Yeah. I saw the black dude search someone and make them leave their camera....or maybe I just didn't stay there long enough to see what he made the guy do with the camera:p

I wanted to bring my digital camera, but it's a joy of mine and I didn't want anything to happen to it. At House of Blues (Chicago) I don't know if the would have confiscated it or just made me leave it with coat check. I didn't want to risk it though. I noticed that during the show they wouldn't even let this chick who looked to be an official photographer shoot from behind the barricade.