Cameras!?!?

Lee

New Metal Member
Aug 28, 2003
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

could someone please explain to me why we are not allowed cameras in the Bloodstock venue when they were selling disposable ones for £10 inside the gig...my girlfriend had her's taken from her last time...and it's not like it was a professional camera either or that she's a journalist or something. It's a bit unfair.

What's your views...can we get this changed because 50% of a concert audience takes cameras anyway..

Lee said:
Hi all,

could someone please explain to me why we are not allowed cameras in the Bloodstock venue when they were selling disposable ones for £10 inside the gig...my girlfriend had her's taken from her last time...and it's not like it was a professional camera either or that she's a journalist or something. It's a bit unfair.

What's your views...can we get this changed because 50% of a concert audience takes cameras anyway..

We've already had a thread on this one Lee my old son.

Bloodstock said:
No indoor venue should allow photographs, and it is the Venue - Derby Assembly Rooms which enforces a "no photographs" policy.

We, as the promoter need to adhere to band contracts which typically state "no flash photography will be tolerated". even the main press normally only have the first 3 numbers to photograph - by any band - and this is usually stipulated "without flash", as it is this within an indoor venue which can distract and affect a performers act!

It is normally OK for cameras at outdoor shows for obvious reasons, but Bloodstock at the moment is an indoor festival.

At previous festivals, Cameras have been taken from people upon entry, a ticket given from which they can collect at the end of the show, which will no doubt be repeated this year.

The Bloodstock solution is simply - get all your friends into rock music - get 'em along to the show - sell it out, then the only way to go will be "outside"! Who knows Bloodstock @ Donington anyone!

Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Bloodstock
No indoor venue should allow photographs, and it is the Venue - Derby Assembly Rooms which enforces a "no photographs" policy.

We, as the promoter need to adhere to band contracts which typically state "no flash photography will be tolerated". even the main press normally only have the first 3 numbers to photograph - by any band - and this is usually stipulated "without flash", as it is this within an indoor venue which can distract and affect a performers act!

It is normally OK for cameras at outdoor shows for obvious reasons, but Bloodstock at the moment is an indoor festival.

At previous festivals, Cameras have been taken from people upon entry, a ticket given from which they can collect at the end of the show, which will no doubt be repeated this year.

The Bloodstock solution is simply - get all your friends into rock music - get 'em along to the show - sell it out, then the only way to go will be "outside"! Who knows Bloodstock @ Donington anyone!

<HR SIZE=1>

The thing that was left out is last year you COULD take photos aslong as you were a rock society member

I received this e-mail from the Bloodstock mailing list on 14/8/03

"NEWS FROM WWW.BLOODSTOCK.UK.COM

HELLO

We have finally negotiated that small cameras will be allowed into the venue (i.e. instamatic type, small digital hand held type).

Large SLR, Digitals with 1000,s of extras will not be tolerated unless you are a professional and have pre-agreed a photo pass, and under no curcumstances will any video equipment be let into the venue.

Happy Snaps!"

Thought it might interest you.