Can anyone recommend a good hotel in New York?

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hello bros..

I will visit New york the first time in my life (in summer 2009). Now I would like to know, wich hotel I should book..maybe you have a recommendation for me? A good site with experience reports would be cool, too. I don´t wanna pay more than 100 - 150 Dollars for the room each night. Can someone help me ?

Greetings,

Felix

If you stay at a Holiday Inn Express, you can impersonate any of several professional characters in an effort to seduce women/ steal money/ infiltrate private facilities, and when cornered you can simply say that you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Felix, considering the size of NYC and the multitude of hotels out there, you would probably be best off searching different hotel websites and reading reviews - then compare and contrast from site to site. Try hotels.com for a start. There are a ton of sites out there. I just don't know of one in particular that would suit you over the other.

-Joe

100-150 a night you are better off going somewhere in the boroughs. it is going to be impossible to find anything decent in manhattan for that cheap. maybe like a chain hotel like a marriot or holiday inn or best western.

for me, or anyone else from ny to give you suggestions is crazy since there are tons of hotels in nyc but if you run a few options you are considering i could do my best to help out.

ps - you could stay further away from manhattan but then you have to factor in transportation. for example, long island, which is a suburb, is like minimum 20 minutes away by car but if you save $50 a night you will make up for it in cab fares. whereas staying in manhattan you won't need a car. everything is accessible, or close enough, via subway/bus.

Felix,

Also another suggestion. It may not sound very glamorous, but you can probably find a hotel here in New Jersey quite cheap and still close to manhattan. I am actually a 15 minute drive from the George Washington Bridge. Try Fort Lee, NJ for some hotels. It's literally right next to the bridge.

Also, let me know when you are coming over. We can grab some German beers in NYC. \m/

-Joe

Dudes!! that sounds fantastic:) I will visit New York about between 20. August and 8. September with my girlfriend. it´s the first time I visit New York, so that would be absolutely great, to drink some beer with you! When it´s concretely, when we exactly visit NY, I let you know, okay ? And hell YES...German beer is fine, but we also can drink American Whiskey..or both :D

To ALL...thank you very much for your Tipps!! I will consider it, when I search/book a Hotel.

Nice Felix, looking forward to it!!

aramism, would be cool to chill with you as well.

Cheers.

-Joe

Yeah this will be cool :headbang: Looking forward to see you New Yorker guys!!

It will be the first time ever I visit America! It´s a dream comin´ true for me. I only know New york from GTA4 and some movies :) But I wanna see the real New York, dudes. I´m very euphoric, because I will book the flight very soon..:Smokin:

That's awesome dude! My friend from Holland came for the first time as well a couple years ago. It was a great time! Now, I need to get back to Europe.

-Joe