Can anyone help me? Recommend sites?

As we all know, metal is growing in fanbase and influence every day, and as would be expected, the number of new bands coming into the scene is overwhelming...

Unfortunately, much of this new stuff, in my humble opinion, is shite. As a teen with a small budget due to his lack of skills and more than minimum wage income, I have to watch my wallet and as such most of these new bands go unheard by myself.

Can anyone recommend to me a site with a collection of album reviews and samples (MP3, REAL Audio) for me to listen to so I don't blow my money on shite that sounds like an utterly horrible Papa Roach song?

Thanks...
...and stay metal

*windmill headbangs*

mp3.com has lots of underground stuff. But only offers 1-5 songs from each band. It doesn't have any album reviews, but I think that it is a great place to download mp3s. Filesharing programs like WinMX and Kazaa are better for downloading mp3s though.

Yep, that said it all really. There's a ton of sites that are good for reviews like Metal Judgement, Digitalmetal, Metal Observer, Metal Review, and Satan Stole My Teddy Bear but you have to get out there a bit and find the bands sites to check it out. The End Records puts some samples up, Metal Review puts two full mp3's a week up from current reviews, Digitalmetal usually has a full mp3 up, and mp3.com is fairly reliable. You have to mix and match to find what you're looking for but a little work usually pays off big...

www.digitalmetal.com
www.metaljudgement.com
www.theendrecords.com
www.metalreview.com

Of course, there's always your old pals at UltimateMetal to guide you should you have any questions. If we had anything better to do, we wouldn't be here...

Digital metal, and Satan Stole My Teddy Bear- always provide excellent reviews. Metal Judgment does a good job as well. if you ever need metal news check out blabbermouth.net