Can someone recommend a good Budget Bass guitar?

HaydenLM1

Aug 21, 2011
as title says!
I will need a bass guitar to record, nothing to special...4 strings, doesnt have to be 24 frets at all, not bothered!
just want a good bass tone so i can plug straight into my interface.

The best thing to do is to get a good bass guitar second hand and my budget is something like £150 to £200 ? will that be any good ?
im not looking for the best, im looking for something that will give me decent results!

:eek:

Classic Vibe or Vintage Modified Squier Jazz Bass.

Or a used MIM Fender Standard Jazz Bass.

umm OK.
i will probably get the fender jazz or a jazz copy with a really heavy gauge and the SR Series looks really impressive, hope it sounds as good as it looks :)

Squier VM j-bass all the way.
Just picked mine up last week and it slays!
It'll get you any tone you want, and plays and feels great.

As a side note - my buddy picked up the fretless vm j-bass at the same time as i got mine and that bass kills too.

that looks impressive too, do you own it ? if you do, can you put any samples here if you can ?

I have one in Ash, great great basses i have the deluxe version though which i think is a bit more expensive around 180$, It beat out 2 american deluxe fender jazz's in a shootout i did recently.

I have one in Ash, great great basses i have the deluxe version though which i think is a bit more expensive around 180$, It beat out 2 american deluxe fender jazz's in a shootout i did recently.

Wow..i will look into them then... Thank you man...
but anyone has got more opinions ? or more people experienced with these basses?