can i get some advice? sorry if this is too personal

danielmata

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2008
There is this girl that i think i could safely say i "love". We went to school together for 6 years, i can't say we were friends but every year for six years we had at least one class together, for 7th and 8th grade we were together all day, but when we went to high school we split up a little. She is'nt just some girl i see at school, we talk sometimes, we have almost the same friends. In 8th grade i was getting made fun of pretty bad by some kids and i got into a fight with one of them and broke a window and i went into the library to sit down and she saw my crying and she came up and hugged me, but that was the only show of affection ever.

We just graduated high school, and i never told her how i feel, and i really like her, i mean i really like her, more than i like myself. I have her myspace and i was wondering if i should message her to let her know? the thing is i dont think she likes me, i'm not all that good looking, i'm an outcast and i'm basically a freaking nerd, but i'm thinking maybe she will? there has gotta be a reason why i like her as much as i do. so yea, the reason for this post: should i message her and tell her that i like her? of course i woulden't go and tell her that i love her and shit, i don't wanna freak her out lol

please don't flame me, if you think this is a stupid post then just ignore it, please be mature

Not entirely sure how you could really love someone you've barely ever talked to or spent real time with. Maybe doing that would be a better start than just messaging her all 'I <3 U LOLOL!!11'.

If you feel that way about this girl, ask her out on a date say to the movies if she says yes good for you, whilst your at the movies make a move on her, if she says NO then thats ok as then you will know where you stand with this girl and no-one can see you as its all done in the dark.

If the girl says no to the date, well then forget you asked, end of, move on, pleanty more fish in the sea....:kickass:

DON'T ACT LIKE A NERD, unless she's a nerd, then just be yourself, this girl will like you for you.

girls love a single red rose, try it..

Cheers maiden1 :kickass:

Definitely don't ask her out on MYSPACE. Use a phone, or do it face to face if possible.

Also, you don't love her, you're infatuated, which is fine.

bloody hell mate thats hard. I have some idea of how you feel. If I was in your situation, I would meet up with her somehow - if she works in a coffee shop or something, go in there and grab something to drink. talk to her, talk about high school. eventually ask her if she wants to grab a bite to eat. if she says yes - awesome, if she says no - well, you can probably still be friends and maybe you'll get another chance later on. Try it though, what have you got to lose, oh and the longer you wait the harder it gets to ask.

dude people can change

so it doesn't matter what or who you were in school, you can be whoever you wanna be.

so to be straight forward

man up, fix your look(not over the top), and talk to this girl as if you are a guy who deserves to get with her.

cos if you think you dont, you don't!

btw if ur an outcast... as long as the girls not a whore or a bitch she wont care... ive had many personal experiences with this considering i was 1 of like 4 metalheads at my school... and id say only 1 that listened to real metal... the good stuff

either way... if chicks like u they wont care about social status... we're not in the middle ages lol :p
YOU ARE NOT A PRINCE! I WILL NOT MARRY YOU!

Dude, i would advise you to go with what your comfortable with. You need to consider the ramifacations of the potential actions you take. Is she a close frend? If you do this, would it risk your friendship with her? Can you handle it if she says no?

These are all important things you need to be CONFIDENT about before you do anything. I wish you all the best mate, if you decide to tell her how you feel, just be honest and be your self.

Good luck dude!

Good thing you're not in high school anymore. Its rarely so shallow as it is in high school or around those years. I think that if you really want to be with her dont go out and say "I love you" immediately or anything. Call her or maybe message her and ask her out on a date. It sounds easy but it can be quite hard if one doesnt have the confidence (like me) but really it shouldnt be that hard. Just ask and see what she says. If she says yes then take it from there.

I met the person I've been with the past 3 years at a festival and I just went for it, even though I was with my current GF at the time and she was with some guy. Jejejje.

the thing is i dont think she likes me, i'm not all that good looking, i'm an outcast and i'm basically a freaking nerd

Ever heard the saying "Love yourself before you love someone else?" If you keep up this attitude, you just might drive her away even if she did genuinely like you. I'm not trying to blame you or anything, but we all learn that self-esteem/confidence plays a HUGE role in attraction. You can be the best looking person in the world, but putting yourself down can drive people away.

I don't know much about this girl....She might just like you as a friend, or maybe she does have feelings for you in a deeper sense. A girl being nice to you doesn't always mean she likes you that way.

The only REAL way to find out is to ask her, and accept what happens after that. There's a 50/50 chance here. However, it seems like you might feel even more lousy about yourself if you do get rejected.

Or, maybe you having doubts is a sign that maybe you should hold off on getting involved with someone, b/c I'm getting the feeling that you don't feel too good about yourself. Love yourself first, and the women will flock to you.

Hope that helps.

Alright, i'm gonna say this only one time, DUDE DON'T TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL. Women see a dude with this kind of behavior as a pussy that doesn't have any game whatsoever. I'm gonna give you an example: When in school, ever noticed the girls seemed to go for the jerks of the class or ''bad boys''? you know why that is? because women are attracted to guys that are unpredictable, funny and fun to be around. Women will go for a guy that's detached, unpredictable and sure of himself. If you confess your ''feelings'' to her you're giving her the whole scoop in just one shot and the only thing you'll accomplish with that is scare her away.

Fuck the looks, you need to be more confident. My recommendation to you is, deal with your issues first. Try to build more confidence and ask her out (as friends), tell her you wanna have a good time or something. When you are with her, bust on her, make fun of her (in a polite and funny way) and just show her a good time, and believe me, you'll chances will increase exponentially if you treat her like this.

Alright, i'm gonna say this only one time, DUDE DON'T TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL. Women see a dude with this kind of behavior as a pussy that doesn't have any game whatsoever. I'm gonna give you an example: When in school, ever noticed the girls seemed to go for the jerks of the class or ''bad boys''? you know why that is? because women are attracted to guys that are unpredictable, funny and fun to be around. Women will go for a guy that's detached, unpredictable and sure of himself. If you confess your ''feelings'' to her you're giving her the whole scoop in just one shot and the only thing you'll accomplish with that is scare her away.

it depends of the women (and the age i guess). i was never attracted to bad boys.

it depends of the women (and the age i guess). i was never attracted to bad boys.

Not really, general rule applies here. As a woman, have you ever noticed other women talking about guys that are insecure, needy and that do all the ''nice things'' to get the pretty girl? I don't think so. More so, would you be attracted to a guy that declares his ''love'' for you?

i never talked much about guys with other girls actually so i never nocticed.

More so, would you be attracted to a guy that declares his ''love'' for you?
it happened once, and i liked the guy, but unfortunately for him, i had already found someone else.

But i agree that declaring love when you dont know the person well is stupid.