Can I get some feedback? (Thrash mix)

May 13, 2010
Hey guys, I'm not a frequent poster here, but I'd love some feedback on this mix. Drums are real, with kick/toms completely replaced and snare is blended with a Steven Slate sample. Bass was DI sent through Revalver, and guitars were reamped (sadly, I don't own a reamp box and i may need to purchase one) through my 6505+ into an Avatar Custom straight cab that has Vintage 30's in it. Two 57's (on two seperate speakers) about 2 inches from the grill, positioned on axis and just off dead center so the edge of the mics align with the edge of the dustcaps.

If the rhythm tracks don't sound entirely tight, its because they were played by two seperate players. I'm on the left, and my other guitarist is on the right.

Vocals were tracked with an MXL V67, but I'm thinking I may just go back and do them again with an sm58, since I'm not happy with the vocal sound.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/33986-God.mp3

As always, thanks for listening, I appreciate it guys :)

Interesting, I've never heard that comparison before, but I like it! I usually get something lame like I sound like a punk singer lol. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it.

Interesting, I was under the impression that the vocals were somewhat burried in the mix. I'm planning to do a retrack, and this mix has been a bitch to get sounding right since I've had to adjust everything around the guitars which I could never get to feel quite right.