Can I load samples into EZDrummer? It so, how?

MegaMustaine

Apr 7, 2006
So I like how I've eqed DFKH EZ drummer, but I don't like my toms or some other parts of the kit.

Can I in a sense insert the Chimaira Drum samples and have EZ Drummer use those instead of the default DKFH ones? If I can, how do I go about doing this? Sorry for the influx of threads I'm making, just have some questions.

Thanks.

So I like how I've eqed DFKH EZ drummer, but I don't like my toms or some other parts of the kit.

Can I in a sense insert the Chimaira Drum samples and have EZ Drummer use those instead of the default DKFH ones? If I can, how do I go about doing this? Sorry for the influx of threads I'm making, just have some questions.

Thanks.

You'd have to use a sample replacement plugin on your desired track, you can't substitute samples. Drumagog is probably defacto, but there is a free plugin called "Sound Replacer" that is ok, just google for it.

Well you could probably replace the EZD samples with your samples as long as you matched the file names, but that'd be pretty time consuming...still, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work (e.g. you'd delete TOM_8L and replace it with your sample named TOM_8L)

I found out the best thing to do is use a sampler to replace the drums. There is a good free one called Shortcircuit. I just cut all the drum notes I want to replace and paste them to the new track with the sampler. If you want to randomize samples (a snare with 4 different strokes for example), you can assign them to 4 different keys in the sampler. Then you can use your DAW to have a random pitch variation and limit the variation only to those 4 notes. I think the sampler itself can alternate between two samples with one key, but I don't know how to do this.

I use battery along side EZ ect. I found when using drummgog i'd spend ages trying to set it up, when having a midi sampler runinng next to Ez makes more sence. Most of the time I dont use the Ez close mic'ed sounds, just the room and overheads with my own single hit samples.