DKFH/EZ Drummer Question

dontletmedrown

Producer/Composer
Jul 8, 2006
I know a lot of you guys use these so I figured you can help me. It appears that DKFH is not being sold anymore. If I buy EZ Drummer, will I get the Thomas Haake drum kit? I've heard DKFH samples of it and it sounded great, but I thought EZ drummer was premade drum loops and stuff. Can someone clarify? I really just want those samples. Is EZ Drummer replacing DKFH? I can't really tell from the info on the Toontrack site.

Thanks,

I know a lot of you guys use these so I figured you can help me. It appears that DKFH is not being sold anymore. If I buy EZ Drummer, will I get the Thomas Haake drum kit? I've heard DKFH samples of it and it sounded great, but I thought EZ drummer was premade drum loops and stuff. Can someone clarify? I really just want those samples. Is EZ Drummer replacing DKFH? I can't really tell from the info on the Toontrack site.

Thanks,

Dkfh as far as i know is still being sold its dkfh superior thats discontinued

you can get ezdrummer with the thomas haake kit (which is dkfh) you just will have to buy ezdrummer and the dkfh addon pack.

ezdrummer doesnt only have premade loops its just geared toward people who do not want to make there own beats. It has almost the same functionality as dfh1 but you have the chance to use many more drum kits and it has its own sequencer so you do not have to use battery, halion or what not. If you are looking for extreme flexibility you may want to check out dkfh Superior on ebay, or wait until the new version comes out.

EZdrummer will not come with the "Thomas Haake" drum kit. If you want that particular (Sonar) kit, you would need to purchase the DFH-EZX (expansion pack). This works with EZdrummer.
EZ is not a "loop" based plugin; although there are some great midi grooves that you can choose from to help you create your song.
"dfh EZdrummer™ is a multi-microphone drum sampler designed for musicians and producers in need of a compact, affordable, easy to handle plug-in without compromising sound quality or control."
Check out the site:
EZdrummer

Take care.