what is the diff between ez drummer and superior drummer?

Incognito Man

Jan 27, 2009
hello, i currently have ez drummer and i am wondering what does superior drummer offer that ez drummer does not? i was not able to find this info in the toontrack site.

i wish ez drummer would let me send more than 8 outs to individual tracks in pro tools at once.

does superior drummer allow this?

yeah, you git it, S2 offers 16 outs.

it's also RAW and it has way more samples than EZ.

it has also built in effects/tools, i don't use them but they can be helpful

ok, it is worth it for me just to have the extra outs.

can you buy sample packs that are already processed/eq'd and best suited for death/thrash styles or are all the sample packs raw un-processed only?

If I'm not wrong most of EZ Drummer extensions are 16 bits and EZX extensions 24 bits.

I prefer Superior from ezdrummer,but if you are working mainly on pre-productions and stuff then both can do the job

If you use it for prepro and stuff like that, I'd rather spend some money on APTrigga and get Lasses Drumsamples. While the sounds of SD 2.0 are better, you'll end up replacing most of them anyways.

EZ drummer is more of a basic tool. Still great sounds in it though.

I've managed fine with EZD's 8 out's as they're 8 stereo. So things that I only need in mono I'll pan off to one side. Probably going to get SD2 soon though as some of the sounds in it are AWESOME!

thanks for all the replys. i will be using this for final productions (it is replacing my old boss dr 660, remember those?). sounds like SD is what i will need.