Any threads on making Ez Drummer sound better?

maddnotez

Jul 18, 2009
I have read there may be some old info on this. I have been searching and can not find what I am looking for.

Using Toontrack Ez drummer. Basic, rock kit. No expansions or anything and I am looking for links or threads on making the samples sound better.

Im close to just buying addictive drums or something else but I would like to research this first to see if I can make dfh sound better or even add my own samples.

Print the tracks separately. Kick, snare, OH's, etc. Process the tracks with eq, compression, saturation, etc. You should have no problem finding free samples that should give you better results.

Instead of buying Addictive Drums, take a look at the EZX Metal Machine.
Sounds fucking great straight out of the box!

Yep, Metal Machine is instant sonic bliss! :headbang:

It's on sale at the moment - ending today I believe - for 32 bucks at Audiodeluxe (add to cart to see final price). Not sure if you want to spend extra money, but since you mentioned getting Addictive Drums I guess if you just want good sounding metal drums, getting Metal Machine would be the most efficient way to go.

Metal machine is awesome. I just picked up Rock Solid too and it actually has really great sounds out of the box too. Especially the kicks.