can i run 2 mbox's at once?

Thanks for the suggestion man.

I'd prefer to work with PT. maybe I'll have to learn to use the Adam Wathan version of Reaper abit more.

or tell the band to piss off and let me record their guitars as d.i and get someone to reamp them like I wanted.(this version i like better)

Does anyone know if it's possible to use an MBox2 Mini to activate ProTools LE while using an M-Audio unit as I/O?
So really the MBox would be a PTLE dongle and the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R would be the interface.
Both will plug in at the same time and ProTools LE see's both. ProTools LE even allow you configure the M-Audio settings but I can't seem to direct IO from it, it only seems to let me use the MBox as an input.
I'm aware that PTMP is for use with M-Audio gear, but it'd save me the hassle if this could work, and it does seem promising as PTLE see's and configures it.

really? can't be done? That sucks. I always thought if I bought two separate interfaces I could use them all as long as I have enough ubs/firewire inputs to plug them all at the same time. Is this just for an mbox or is my assumption totally wrong?

Nope. You can't combine devices.
With the ASIO driver you can only use one device. Same with the DAE driver.

With Presonus gear you can chain multiple devices that use the same driver.

On a mac you can do the aggregate audio device setup to combine devices.

You can use multiple MIDI interfaces/keyboards though.