Can this sound wider? Help

Hopefully they wont.

But if you start using stereo wideners you can easily lose the bottom end of a mix.

So it depends what they're after. :headbang:

It's wide enough allright. I'd like to hear you kill me with the overheads and symbals. It's barely hearable and that's a shame imo. I like the overhead and room ambience. :)

EDIT: I'd just drop the OH HIpass a bit and if it bleeds all over just C4 the 2000hz down to the point that you cut. But just speculating.

no panees los overs al 100. dejalos a lo maximo 70L y 70R y tus guitarras al estar al 100L y 100r se escucharan mas abiertas.

las guitarras pueden recibir mas trabajo para que no suenen tan "harsh". checa mi thread en esta seccion para que veas como se escucha abierto el sonido.

ta muy chida la rola por cierto.

I don't think it needs to be wider, but FULLER, in some spots. I think fixing up the guitar tone could help, right now it sounds a TINY bit weak, but other than that you've got yourself a killer mix!

Drums sound very good.

It's wide enough allright. I'd like to hear you kill me with the overheads and symbals. It's barely hearable and that's a shame imo. I like the overhead and room ambience. :)

EDIT: I'd just drop the OH HIpass a bit and if it bleeds all over just C4 the 2000hz down to the point that you cut. But just speculating.

I'll try this also!! thanks a lot for your feedback! :headbang:

I don't think it needs to be wider, but FULLER, in some spots. I think fixing up the guitar tone could help, right now it sounds a TINY bit weak, but other than that you've got yourself a killer mix!

Drums sound very good.

I think i compressed them a bit too much, i'll let their beefyness breathe a lite more! :D! <3

I'd dig OH's only a little bit louder, and some kind of stereo chorus on the synth which would really widen it up (but all of this depends of the rest of the mix). Maybe it'd sound better a bit quieter, I don't know, synths are cool to experiment on anyway.

Also automating the snare reverb so it's a bit louder during the slower part could help too.

Overall this mix is really, really good, great job. :D

I'd dig OH's only a little bit louder, and some kind of stereo chorus on the synth which would really widen it up (but all of this depends of the rest of the mix). Maybe it'd sound better a bit quieter, I don't know, synths are cool to experiment on anyway.

Also automating the snare reverb so it's a bit louder during the slower part could help too.

Overall this mix is really, really good, great job. :D

Yeah, i've listening the song some minutes again [listened to it for like 2 weeks in all, i was sick of it hehe] and yeah, i let those OHs way too far.

And hey, i'll totally try this Stereo Chorus tip, and i'll post again! :kickass:

Edit: Will also auto that verb send! i hope it doesn't get muddy :3

If it gets muddy (which I doubt, as long as you don't overdo it) you can also automate a slight band EQ, that's where mixing gets fun and creative (IMO). ;)

You could also just change the verb for a bigger one during that time, etc. Whatever sounds best.

This shit sounds awesome. +1 to the OH comment.

It doesn't need to be wider. In fact, I agree with bringing the overheads in the middle more and let the guitars dominate the sides.

Are you using the same tones for both sides of the guitar? That could also contribute to a lack of "beef." I had this problem with a metal album I did because I used the same amp on both sides.