Can you beleive this shit!!!

TheSinMakesYouReal

Evil Inside
Jan 14, 2003
AZ
www.members.cox.net
Oh, but he had nothing but great things to say about DHiaDW! (though I love that CD 2).

With their sprawling, progressive balladry mixed with speed metal turns, Nevermore seem to retreat from the consistent power metal stance of Politics of Ecstasy on 1999's Dreaming Neon Black. On this, their third full-length release for the giant indie metal label Century Media, the band slips creatively, rehashing concepts and sonics from their earlier material. The struggles could be due in part to the group's first lineup change in their six-year history as ex-Forbidden guitarist Tim Calvert joins Warrel Dane (vocals), Van Williams (drums), James Sheppard (bass), and guitarist Jeff Loomis. Slogging through familiar-sounding numbers like "Deconstruction," "All Play Dead," and three other slow-paced, vocal-driven ballads, Nevermore seem to be losing steam. The ex-Sanctuary core of Dane, Loomis, and Sheppard don't stray too far from their earlier work, as the cleanly arpeggiated melodrama takes the forefront much like 1996's In Memory. Fast numbers like "Fault of the Flesh" and "Beyond Within" have a modern thrash spark, suggesting Calvert's influence might have actually been a positive but limited one. Nevermore always produce quality work, especially with regards to their musicianship; however, Dreaming Neon Black, with its slow-paced track list and subpar melodies is not the band's best effort. ~ Vincent Jeffries, All Music Guide
"vincent jeffries"

here's the site.
www.artistdirect.com/store/artist/ album/0,,381158,00.html

moron.....DNB is supposed to be that way it is about Warrel's passed away fiance and mabye this guy should look up the history behind the album or mabye look at the lyrics before being a critical asswipe
what a jerkoff

ive read many interviews and he said he never meant it to be the actual concept he wanted people to infer their thought into it
but yes there was insight about his g/f that passed away in it
ive read mor ethen one interview where both jeff and warrel said it if i cna remember right

Karmic said:
methinks its an unupdated review, seeing that no mention of newies are there. was done a while back.

Who made this thread, and for what purpose? :tickled:
lol you do have a point there also

True.

But writing that dhiadw wasnt mentioned made most people think that that was the shit you said we could believe

and not the review

in which the dude doesnt seem to know his stuff.

Karmic said:
True.

But writing that dhiadw wasnt mentioned made most people think that that was the shit you said we could believe

and not the review

in which the dude doesnt seem to know his stuff.
That's because I had read the review for DHiaDW and he had nothing but good reviews for it. I thought I could just say that he had nothing but good things to say about it and people would understand that I had read that review aswell, but I guess not.

The fourth in a list of solid releases from Nevermore, Dead Heart, in a Dead World is possibly the group's most accomplished recording. For the first time, Jeff Loomis handles all the guitar duties himself, giving the disc a musical continuity that was sometimes lacking on prior efforts. Nevermore co-founder Warrel Dane (vocals), Jim Sheppard (bass), and Van Williams (drums) join Loomis on this 2000 Century Media offering. All four members demonstrate great command of their instruments, but Loomis' guitar playing stands out. Bold and inventive, the combination of nu-metal and '80s golden-era metal riffing propels Dead Heart, in a Dead World and Nevermore ahead of the American indie metal pack. "The River Dragon Has Come" and "We Disintegrate" are just two superior examples of Loomis' dissonant, detuned grooves. Dane's moaning almost sinks mellower numbers like "Insignificant" and the title track, but Loomis provides the buoyancy these otherwise dull songs need to become listenable -- in fact, they're almost interesting. The members of Nevermore were always ready to challenge themselves, and Dead Heart, in a Dead World confirms the wisdom of that ethic through the realization of the band's massive potential. ~ Vincent Jeffries, All Music