Can you help me finding what amps are used here ?

Vulcain

Black Metal
Sep 1, 2010
France
www.aldaaron.fr
Hails,

I really like this guitar sound and I'll be looking for a similar one for my band's next album.
The band is named Dawn and it has been produced by Peter Tagtren.
Here is a link to one of their songs

Can you help me to find what amplifier they may have used ?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
don't know what he used on this (haven't listened to it either), but Perter used to use rectos and sansamp, then 5150, krank and is now back to marshalls afaik.
but he's using LOADS of EQ after the recording, I really think it's HIS sonds, not the AMP'S sound.

you should be careful with posting copyright protected songs on the internet btw

Sorry guys I couldn't find this song on their myspace or website so I just linked to their myspace.

Now I've found the song on youtube as they made a video clip from it and have updated my first post. Doesn't sound as good as on my 1st file but you can still hear it quite well.

don't know what he used on this (haven't listened to it either), but Perter used to use rectos and sansamp, then 5150, krank and is now back to marshalls afaik.
but he's using LOADS of EQ after the recording, I really think it's HIS sonds, not the AMP'S sound.

you should be careful with posting copyright protected songs on the internet btw

I'm a mix newbie so I may be wrong but I think the amp still is the basis to get the final sound and you cannot obtain the same sound with every amp even if you use loads of eq. No ?