Paramore Decode: What was used for guitars and vocals?

I did this multiple kick shells back-to-back thing a few months ago and it sounds awesome if you have a mic at the end of those shells. The sub lows are MASSIVE, great for rock.

Yeah that BROMMPH at the end is pretty funny.

Listenign closer the bass is also immense. I'd really like to know how the bass/ryth/cleans were done.

There seems to be some sort of stereo widener with the guits that goes beyond regular panning.

Marshalls in the live

And fark me she's hot

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought Sneap was the one who did the production. Oh well... I used to also think they had a hot chick in the band until I saw a music video.

Side question- I've seen pictures of what looks like multiple kick shells back-to-back with a carpet laid on top. Can somebody explain this technique?

Where did you see those pics?

I did use a massive kick tunnel on the record I'm doing right now, even without the extra kick drum, having a far mic at the end of the tunnel does capture a lot of "wind" and low-end, best drum tones I've gotten. After doing it, can't really imagine recording a kit without it

It was on some interview somewhere, a while ago. I've been curious about it lately. Can't imagine it working on intense double bass passages, but I haven't tried. Still would like some samples though, and if I do end up trying it out, I'll be sure to share.

+1

It's like having a really fucking long kick drum. I tried it out years ago and liked it alot. Not done it for a while though. Maybe I'll get a couple of kicks out and do some samples for you.

I still think this is one of the best songs Paramore has ever released to be honest. Love the whole dark/moody feel and the vocals are great.

Those samples would be immensely appreciated, homes.:D