Does anyone know what pickups Mike Amott used in Carcass?

Mark_Palangio

On The Fields Of Life
Jul 12, 2005
Greensburg, PA
I can't find the answer to this anywhere, it seems no one has any clue. I know he uses a Duncan JB now and has since he formed Arch Enemy, but I wanted to know what pickups he used in his Ibanez guitars back in the Carcass days. I think Steer used a DiMarzio Super 3, but I've never heard anything about what Amott used. Anyone know?

I can't seem to find any info or pics online about his Ibanez guitars. If you have any way of watching the No Love Lost music video, I'm sure you could tell from that. Heartwork came out in 1994, so I'm guessing his RG was an early 90's or a late 80's one probably?

Mark_Palangio said:
I can't seem to find any info or pics online about his Ibanez guitars. If you have any way of watching the No Love Lost music video, I'm sure you could tell from that. Heartwork came out in 1994, so I'm guessing his RG was an early 90's or a late 80's one probably?

What makes you think he used the same gear in a video that he used on the album? He could have, then again, he could have just pulled out his sweetest looking axe for the shoot.