Andy, what amp does Michael Amott . . .

Hey Soundscaper Thats some good news! I think it is the first time a H&K WARP amp is landing on a CD.

Do you have a website ? or website of the band that you are producing or mixing?

HI kaomao thanks for the links! Would you say the OD is scooped or? not i can't really tel this days .... which albums from bands have their Mids boosted?

I hear not to scoop but i find my distortion to be loud and flabby ......

viva_360 said:
HI kaomao thanks for the links! Would you say the OD is scooped or? not i can't really tel this days .... which albums from bands have their Mids boosted?

I hear not to scoop but i find my distortion to be loud and flabby ......

My band mate had Warp7 (transistor)!
The amp was scooped as a dual rectifier but without the smoothness of the boogie, it was really in the style of dual rectifier.
He lent it to me, so I did a test: I ran the pre section trough a tube poweramp an it was really good!!!
Not bad for 800 eur with cab, but that tone is a little bit fake compared to other transistors as peavey for istance, they sound good.
Warp T is far better, but still no good as boogie.
Very dark sound to my ears.

Maurizio

kaomao said:
.com/it

Yes it is!
maybe 850, can't remember the exact price
In the end you can keep the cab and use the amp as backup

Maurizio

lol !!, but . .there mut be a reason why t's so cheap !! . .cuase . .why does a Engl Sepcial Edition cost like about 3500 euro's. ( YEAH ONLY THE AMP )

Mendel said:
lol !!, but . .there mut be a reason why t's so cheap !! . .cuase . .why does a Engl Sepcial Edition cost like about 3500 euro's. ( YEAH ONLY THE AMP )

The reason is that build a transistor amp is cheaper than tube amps (scheme is simple, not so much research and development, little trasformers)
In tube amps really good output transformers cost a lot, I was told they're the most expensive thing in tube amps.

Maurizio

kaomao said:
The reason is that build a transistor amp is cheaper than tube amps (scheme is simple, not so much research and development, little trasformers)
In tube amps really good output transformers cost a lot, I was told they're the most expensive thing in tube amps.

Maurizio

but that H&K WARP amp with those sound samples has tubes to !.

Mendel said:
but that H&K WARP amp with those sound samples has tubes to !.
Well I was just referring to the transistor version
Uhm tube version yes it's cheaper and comes with cab (1300 euros)
Well Engl special edition it's too much expensive to me, very strange cause their amps (Powerball, Fireball, Screamer, Thunder) are not expensive.
Savage and Special edition are twice the price of other amps of all their line

Maurizio

kaomao said:
Well I was just referring to the transistor version
Uhm tube version yes it's cheaper and comes with cab (1300 euros)
Well Engl special edition it's too much expensive to me, very strange cause their amps (Powerball, Fireball, Screamer, Thunder) are not expensive.
Savage and Special edition are twice the price of other amps of all their line

Maurizio

my father says: if yousell your marshall moe four amp i'll buy a engl special edition for ya for fuck sake.

should i coose the Engl then, or a other amp ( that mesa boogie dual rectifier looks sweet )

Mendel said:
my father says: if yousell your marshall moe four amp i'll buy a engl special edition for ya for fuck sake.

should i coose the Engl then, or a other amp ( that mesa boogie dual rectifier looks sweet )

My likings are
Peavey 6505(5150) is the cheapest, just 939 euros here brand new
Mesa Dual rectifier 2200 euros
Engl Powerball 1500 euros

Peavey is the best for me, a really reliable amp with a very "in your face" sound!!!
powerball it's the best for playing at home (and even at gigs ehehe :D), even at low volume sounds fantastic
Dual is the heaviest among those 3 amps! when you crank it up loud you can feel your balls rattling ahahhahha
Go to a shop and try 'em is the best solution!

Maurizio