Andy, what amp does Michael Amott . . .

Mendel

Lag Arkane
Jun 11, 2005
The Netherlands
www.mendelb.com
Michael Amott use in the studio ?
u recorded some tracks with them and i was wondering.
i know he uses a Engl amp live but what does he use in the studio.
if anyone else knows it please say.

thx !

Ive heard some new ARch and it is absolute 100% Krank.. without a doubt.... i know that sound... frigging soilwork using Kranks.. jeeeeeeez...

krank schmank........

EtherForBreakfast said:
Ive heard some new ARch and it is absolute 100% Krank.. without a doubt.... i know that sound... frigging soilwork using Kranks.. jeeeeeeez...

krank schmank........

Andy said it's Mesa + Krank on the new one.

Mendel said:
is tht possitive or negative ? u saidkrank, wtf is krank :D :D

Krank is an amp company from the USA that is fairly new to wide spread usage. They started off by working with Dimebag, and have gradually picked up quite a few Peavey and Mesa endorsers. Shadows Fall, Mike Amott from Arch Enemy, Soilwork, one of the dudes from Darkest Hour, Fear Factory, As I Lay Dying, Trivium, Black Dahlia Murder and a bunch of others. http://www.krankamps.com/

You can really draw your own conclusions about the amp. People either love 'em or hate 'em. They get a lot of shit because they made up a bunch of perfect ten reviews and posted them on Harmony-Central, thus getting themselves banned from the amp review database. They're pretty much hated on the forums there. I've heard some pretty good album sounds using the Krank (see mostly anything Andy's done with the Kranks... Also Matt Smith's clips of the Kranks have been very impressive too), but I've yet to see a band live that I really enjoyed the live tone of their Krank amps. Never tried one out in person, but a friend of mine has played through 2 different RW100's and a Krankenstein and hated them all.

I like em, arch enemy is boogie and krank. I haven't really had time to mess with the Krankenstein yet, but the top end seems quite a bit smoother than the revolution.

Anyone used a WARP? Hughes and Kettner that is.
I had one in my studio lately and it is really a cool sounding amp btw.

Soundscaper said:
Anyone used a WARP? Hughes and Kettner that is.
I had one in my studio lately and it is really a cool sounding amp btw.

Tube or transistor?
Tube is a really cool amp, the transistor version sucks compared to the tube version imho
The cab of tube is killer, on top you got V30 speakers on bottom Celestion Rock driver junior speakers, on the transistor cab just Rock driver junior speakers and it's not that good.

Maurizio

kaomao said:
Tube or transistor?
Tube is a really cool amp, the transistor version sucks compared to the tube version imho
The cab of tube is killer, on top you got V30 speakers on bottom Celestion Rock driver junior speakers, on the transistor cab just Rock driver junior speakers and it's not that good.

Maurizio

i used that huges & kettner WARP amp. i ahd it for 1 day, it sucked so much really, the clean tone was a BT cool but the distorsion was killing and feedback like a bitch. i never want to see it again, not even to logo AAAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't think there's is a transistor version? Not the Hughes & Kettner me thinks.
I had another amp in my studio last month that sucked all donkeyballs that was transistor (rath warp??) maybe you're confusing both models Mendel?
That amp sounded overcompressed even at very low levels, was full of mud in the lows and totally lacked power. The (tube) H & K Warp stands comparison with 5150's, rectifiers, etc... albeit having a character of it's own.
The cabinet is about the best I've heard so far. The dual speakerconcept is a big winner. I didn't mike the bottom speakers as we already had overdoses of lows but these mutta's stay tight as a frogs pussy!

Soundscaper said:
I don't think there's is a transistor version? Not the Hughes & Kettner me thinks.
I had another amp in my studio last month that sucked all donkeyballs that was transistor (rath warp??) maybe you're confusing both models Mendel?
That amp sounded overcompressed even at very low levels, was full of mud in the lows and totally lacked power. The (tube) H & K Warp stands comparison with 5150's, rectifiers, etc... albeit having a character of it's own.
The cabinet is about the best I've heard so far. The dual speakerconcept is a big winner. I didn't mike the bottom speakers as we already had overdoses of lows but these mutta's stay tight as a frogs pussy!
i hade the combo version. with 2 speakers.

The Rath warp (for lack of a better term as it slipped my mind) was a warhead transistor model made by randall. Looks better then it sounds. :yuk:

Hi Soundscaper do you have a sound clip or clips of the WARP you have in your studio? is it the new WARP X you have in your studio as H&K have two tube versions of the warp series. WARP X is te newest one and the old one is the WARP T.

The solid state one is the WARP 7 which i heard from mixed reviews.

sorry Viva, no soundclips. will be on a soon to be released cd though.
As soon as the cd hits the shops, I'm sure the band/label wouldn't mind me posting an excerpt.