Canadian Carnage Last Night

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Suicide Silence opened up. Well the guitarist can shred but the useless vocalist sent me to the beer lines.

Machine Head: Much much better. Loved the Avril Lavigne gives good Machine Head sign, two young men had with them. So did the band and made a point of it.

Slayer: Good but kinda one note. Happy to hear Mandatory Suicide. There were a lot of doped up and/or drunk bottom feeders screaming Slayer for no reason throughout the show. Just an excuse to act like a dickhead for an evening. :err:

Megadeth: Probably the best show I've seen them play. Loved hearing Rattlehead & Hangar 18. They did have some technical difficulties with the drums. Mustaine attempted a Michael Jackson joke (to fill in the time) but stopped before he said anything offensive. The new song, Headcrusher, was pretty good. The set was short but that was probably because of having Slayer co-headline.

All in all. Not an outstanding show but one that passed mustard.

So Slayer fans are "bottom feeders" yet Megadeth fans are oh so sophisticated and worldly?

Slayer has had a fanatic following since the early 80s, regardless of the commercial opinion of metal.

Megadeth can not say the same. Sorry.

Say what you want about Slayer fans, but as a whole, Slayer's career is a hell of a lot more consistent in terms of both recorded and live output than Megadeth.

I didn't mean to turn this into a Slayer VS Megadeth discussion, though your review read as if Slayer and their fans weren't worthy of being on the same bill as Megadeth.

SUICIDE SILENCE doesn't deserve to be on the same bill as Slayer, Megadeth, or Machine Head. Fuck that band, their scene, and everything they're about.