• Entombed

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

augdawg2

F.U.2 Master
Feb 6, 2002
Dawgland
www.geocities.com
Aha, I already posted the battle that nobody cares about today so I thought that it was only fitting to post a poll that some of you would actually care about. How many of you remember Cancer? I use to love these guys and I recently had a dream about some of their songs, they were actually a pretty dam good Death Metal band, and I know that most of you know Entombed so let the battle begin! I've listed some of the bands albums just in case some of you have forgot.

Cancer
1-To the gory end
2-Death shall rise
3-Sins of mankind

Entombed
1-Left hand path
2-Cladenstine
3-Wolverine blues
4-To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth

Cheerz! :D

AugDawg

I thought you guys would be all over this poll? :cry:

Sigh, oh well, I guess less of you folks have heard Cancer and Entombed than I thought.

Anywho, make a vote ya'll, and no shit. If you haven't checked out these two bands, you should. Plain and simple, especially Cancer! They got my vote by just a hair over Entombed!

Cheerz!

AugDawg:D

I've never heard Cancer, but I've got 5 Entombed CDs.
I'll have to check out Cancer before I vote...

Cancer is pretty good, but they sound kinda generic. So of course I went with Entombed, because how the fuck could you beat Left Hand Path?

Originally posted by SlaughterofSoul
Cancer is pretty good, but they sound kinda generic. So of course I went with Entombed, because how the fuck could you beat Left Hand Path?

I can see what your saying about Cancer, but I don't know what it is dude? Something about their sound has me mezmorized :rolleyes:

I certainly agree with your comment about "Left Hand Path", that album is just intense and brutal :eek:

All good stuff, and I just ordered Cancer: To the Gory End, Death Shall Rise, Sins of Mankind, and Carcass: Necroticism Descanting the Insalubrious. These are all CD's that I use to own, but some of you may remember my Seattle story when I lost 80 or 90 CDs at one time from a theft. Hanging here at this board has brought back so many good memories :D

Dam, you guys bring out the metal in me :lol:

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Man, Necroticism is such a great album. Yeah, like I said, I like Cancer, but it seems like they were sort of copying the DM style of the day to me, but they did it better than some bands. Plus they had James Murphy on one of their albums, which is a huge plus. :D But they're not better than old Entombed. Hardly any DM is better than old Entombed.

Man, Necroticism is such a great album. Yeah, like I said, I like Cancer, but it seems like they were sort of copying the DM style of the day to me, but they did it better than some bands. Plus they had James Murphy on one of their albums, which is a huge plus. :D But they're not better than old Entombed. Hardly any DM is better than old Entombed.

You rule dude, I can tell from your posts!

You and I need to party some time :D

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I can certainly see what your saying, and I don't know what it is dude, but the "Clandenstine" album is mezmorizing! Even though they had the different singer on that album, the riffs and Nickie Andersons drumming just fucking rules! I've liked all of Entombeds efforts, but there is just something special about those first two that is just unstoppable! Death Metal rules, and this is coming from a hip hop head! :lol:

I guess it just touches my dark side!

Cheerz! Slaughterofsoul!

P.S.

I went out and purchased that great "At the Gates", Slaughter of Soul album! God I love it!

Cheerz Again too you!

AugDawg

I believe it was Nickie Anderson who did the vocals on Clandestine,which has the best guitar sound of any death metal album. I saw Cancer supporting Pestilence years ago and they were great,I have the first two albums, good solid death metal. I think the last album they released was called Black Faith heard good reports about it but not heard it myself............