My personal top ten Heavy Metal albums!

Originally posted by mentalmeltdown
Yes, Angel Dust is one of my fav's but I also love their other albums with Patton... that guy must be one of the weirdest characters in music and I mean that as a compliment! :)

.,of some other albums that could have made my list..

11. Ministry - A mind is terrible thing to taste
12. FNM - King for a Day
13. Armored Saint - Symbol of Salvation
14. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
15. Iron Maiden - Powerslave
16. Deep Purple - Machine Head
17. Anthrax - Volume 8
18. Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory
19. Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante (this one may bug some people.. :) )
20. Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

Indeed, Indeed, you have a great list of albums and I would agree with all of them, especially your FNM and Mr. Bungle picks! I'm listening to Mr. Bungle's "California" right now! Love this band!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

hey mentalmeltdown, I will call you Brazzo, it is shorter, is that ok ? I hope you know who Brazzo is as an ex-bosnian !!

Anyway, the styl of scandinavian bands have changed the last 15-20 years, just thinking of Pretty Maids, TNT, Europe (well ... metal ??). Newer German bands all sound like Helloween, that is a bit a pity, but try Brainstorm, they are a bit different.

You don´t really want an answer to your question if whisk(e)y counts as beer, do you ?? The question must be does bourbon count as whisky and does chilled american bud count as beer ??
Cheers

Hey Armored Thrax, finally someone in this world is on the right wavelength. Yes Chateaux released an album entitled "Chained and desperate". A great album but nowhere near as good as "Firepower" or "Highly strung"
How I got into Witchfinder Generl was I went to the shop to buy Whitesnake's "Saints and sinners" and behind that was "Death Penalty" If you think the "friends of hell" cover is good, check out "Death Penalty" On the front is the guys on a grave with a knife to a chicks throat. On the back she's lying on the grave topless and bludgeoned. Awesome. Very Sabbathy album as well.
Of the Exciter songs, I love "Blackwitch".

I never did post my top ten...it's hard to narrow it down:

Anthrax - Volume 8
Anthrax - SOWN
Anthrax - Stomp 442
Metallica - Master of Puppets
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - Back in Black
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
GNR - Use Your Illusion I
Alice in Chains - Facelift
Van Halen - 1984

These ones have been the most solid for repeated listenings. Honorable mention would go to Twisted Sister's "Stay Hungry" (don't laugh...that was one of my first metal albums so it holds a special place), Metallica's Kill'em all and the black album, AC/DC's Dirty Deeds and If You Want Blood (THE best live album IMO), Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Led Zeppelin's box set...and if you'd allow some punk to slip in there, The Offspring's Ixnay on the Hombre and Americana would both probably slip into my top 10.

Whew!

it'd take awhile to narrow this shite down so here's 10 of my current favorites

Anthrax - Stomp 442
Vader - Revelations
Testament - First Strike Still Deadly
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
Death - Sound of Perseverance
SOD - Speak English Or Die
Hate Eternal - King of All Kings
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Anthrax - Volume 8
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
I never did post my top ten...it's hard to narrow it down:

Anthrax - Volume 8
Anthrax - SOWN
Anthrax - Stomp 442
Metallica - Master of Puppets
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - Back in Black
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
GNR - Use Your Illusion I
Alice in Chains - Facelift
Van Halen - 1984

These ones have been the most solid for repeated listenings. Honorable mention would go to Twisted Sister's "Stay Hungry" (don't laugh...that was one of my first metal albums so it holds a special place), Metallica's Kill'em all and the black album, AC/DC's Dirty Deeds and If You Want Blood (THE best live album IMO), Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Led Zeppelin's box set...and if you'd allow some punk to slip in there, The Offspring's Ixnay on the Hombre and Americana would both probably slip into my top 10.

Hey don't be embarrassed about "Stay Hungry" This along with "Under The Blade" are withoubt doubt TS's best albums. I love "Stay Hungry" Burn in Hell and Horror-Teria kick ass big time

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: