Cane's Toni....errr..Last Night...whatever...

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
Just got back from the show at Cane's, and it was an extremely memorable show for me, for reasons I'll explain in a moment. I managed to bring along my Brother Adam, my dear friend Sharon, and her friend Julie. I also had a good time down front, standing next to my good buddy Asterothe.

Heather was sporting a new look tonight, though I'm not sure I'm a big fan of it. She cut her hair SUPER short, grew a mustache and a little goatie thingy...and....well...my least favorite change....her massive breast reduction.

Ok....not exactly. Sadly, she had a family emergency and they had a guy stand in for them. He did a really terrific job....it was very VERY impressive how he stepped in and played so well with the girls. Cheers to you, good sir.

The girls played wonderfully tonight, and it's the best sound I've heard for them, at this venue (Cane's).

I lost a friend (Cory)to suicide just a couple weeks ago. He was a very dear friend and a huge Maiden fan. He had seen the girls several times, and I took him to his first Iron Maidens show. The girls were gracious enough to play Children Of The Damned in Cory's honor, and Aja made a heart-warming and poignant tribute/comment about it all, before the song. I was in tears....I couldn't hold them back...and that song...that song was amazing. I will never forget what they did or Cory and myself tonight. Thank you Ladies....all of you...and the one Gentleman...from the bottom of my heart. I know Cory was there in some way tonight.

Here's what they played, as best as I can recall, with no guarantee that it's in the right order...with the understanding that I have a tendency not to get setlists complete...

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Two Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
22 Acacia Avenue
Losfer Word (Big 'Orra)
Powerslave
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
The Wicker Man
The Number Of The Beast
Children Of The Damned
Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills

I think I actually got them all this time.

Ladies....again...thank you sooo much. Please have a safe trip over to Iraq....and God bless you for going to play for our troops!

Thanks for supporting the girls Chris. It was cool meeting you tonight. Yes, Aja's dedication was very poignant. I'm sure your friend would've enjoyed the performance. Glad you had a great night.

Your set list was correct. We all missed Heather but Guillermo did fill in quite capably on the axe. Take care and Up The Irons!

Peace

It was unique show. The dedication was very beatiful.
May he rest in peace. It was good to see the band and friends.
The song that hadn't been played for a while were back.
Rime, Wickerman, Hallowed, Be Quick or Be Dead. It was a great
set. As usual Phantom is the best live song ever even there had been
problems with intrumental section. We got to see Maidens with a male
member. He was very good but I wish I could see Heather one last
time with Maidens. All in all thank you so much for coming to San Diego
and this great show. I can't wait for the next one as usual.

I could maybe handle a beard or moustache, but NOT the massive breast reduction ... Noooooooooo!

Wonderful review Mr.Lingus, I'm glad the gals (and guy) could serve up a meaningful tribute for the dear departed.

I could maybe handle a beard or moustache, but NOT the massive breast reduction ... Noooooooooo!

Wonderful review Mr.Lingus, I'm glad the gals (and guy) could serve up a meaningful tribute for the dear departed.

Thank you my friend....lol.

For those of you wondering....Lingus is my forum last name.... full name Khan I. Lingus ;)

Great to hear that the show went well, despite Heather missing the show. Sorry to hear about your friend, Chris. It was great to hear that the Maidens and Guillermo paid tribute to him.

I'll echo the sentiment that last night's show was great! Several numbers I've not heard the girls play in my 5 or 6 times seeing them previously. Losfer Words was a BIG treat, that's always been my favorite Maiden instrumental and they did an GREAT job with it as well!

Props to Guillermo Guerrero for filling in on short notice too. Dude obviously knew his sh*t, and he had a look on his face the whole time like he was a kid living a dream. Being a musician myself, it's always special to see that sort of thing.

Best of luck to the girls in Iraq.

Here's what they played, as best as I can recall, with no guarantee that it's in the right order...with the understanding that I have a tendency not to get setlists complete...

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Two Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
22 Acacia Avenue
Losfer Word (Big 'Orra)
Powerslave
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
The Wicker Man
The Number Of The Beast
Children Of The Damned
Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills

Maidens6-28-08_setlist.jpg

and good to meet ya last night! :kickass:

Well I just want to give a big thanks to the girls and to Jim and Dennis for taking such good care of me.. It really meant a lot. The show was great and I wish i could post pictures from my camera phone since I had a GREAT shot of Sara all night!

thanks again :)

I got sick sat and missed the show:cry: I'm so glad to hear about the tribuite to Cory that was very nice of the lady's to do that !

I'm sorry to hear that Heather did not make it.

Maidens6-28-08_setlist.jpg

and good to meet ya last night! :kickass:

BBQ!! :lol:

That is an awesome set!! I can't say that enough!!! Wish the real Maiden would do sets that good!! Hehe!

Darlene - you should send the pics to someone who can then upload them from their phone. I would offer but it would be a tad more expensive to send them to me than someone else!! :lol:

Well I just want to give a big thanks to the girls and to Jim and Dennis for taking such good care of me.. It really meant a lot. The show was great and I wish i could post pictures from my camera phone since I had a GREAT shot of Sara all night!

thanks again :)

You're welcome my dear.:saint: I'm so glad you could come and see the girls, you were "the Trooper" Saturday night! You mean so much to the family, all of the ladies expressed a heartfelt concern for your well-being. Heal up quick and we'll see you at S.F. Swap in August!

Let's all give the girls our prayers/energy for a safe return from Iraq.

Peace

I had Paul turn it off awhile back on our plan for my phone and my mom's, at the time we had some of our friend's kept texting and we kept asking them not to but did. So it was turned off.