4) Gore Obsessed
5) The Wretched Spawn
6) Eaten Back To Life
7) Vile
8) Tomb Of The Mutilated
9) Gallery Of Suicide
10) Butchered At Birth

In that order.

When that disc first came out I bought it the DAY it was in stock. I had rather high expectations and the disc really didn't impress me initially, it seemed too "busy" I guess. But with time I listened to it more and more and while I'm still not as into it as most other CC albums, I can get into the majority of the disc now.

Well there's music out there I know for a fact has more lasting value than Cannibal Corpse so I think I'll dedicate time to that instead. :p

Fact: Chris Barnes sucks. He put out 2 good albums with CC and the rest were boring and passable.

Kill is awesome. Its a different step for them. Something like "Death Walking Terror" and "Make Them Suffer" are some of the catchiest CC songs ever.

I dig those two and "Purification By Fire". I think the main difference on this album is with Rob and Pat (who are both cool guys and great players) being more aggressive, noisy players than Owen was. Jack provided a lot of groove to certain CC songs, and I think I missed that with Kill.

I disagree. If anything, "Kill" is one of their grooviest albums yet. Listen to "Death Walking Terror" again.

I've listened to all their discs a million times, man. I'm actually a mod at the Tomb Of The Mutilated forums,and I own all of their material including bootlegs and the boxed set, so I've heard all the CC material.....a lot. And I already agreed with you on DWT. :) The album doesn't suck, it's just not as heavy with groove as say Gallery, Gore Obsessed, or definitely TWS.

as far as singers go i like the newer singer better than the old one. a lot of time, even on the bleeding, the old singers voice just kind of blends in with the music and can't keep up with the energy of the song. but to his credit he still sounds pretty bad ass on a lot of the songs, just not as good as the new guy ( in my opinion). also i can't really say which cannibal corpse album is the best, seeing as i only own one, but i did hear a song off of kill and it sounded good.

Bah. GOS is just extremely boring. Granted I've only listened to it one time (and probably one will) it didn't leave any impression on me. None of the tracks were good.

Truth be told, nothing from Cannibal Corpse is amazing. They've just remained really consistent throughout their career.

Pretty fucking good. Its their most technical album. Some of the songs are a bit dull though but you get that with any CC album. But I can still listen to "Frantic Disembowelment" and "Decency Defied".

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all. What?

yes it can actually. there is better music than metal. so by the rationale that one is going to avoid CC because there are better bands one should avoid metal since there is better music. obviously as a fan of metal i disagree with this. my point was just because there are better things than CC doesn't mean that they aren't also worthwhile, just as while there is better music than all metal it doesn't mean that metal isn't worthwhile.

You're comparing a genre to an individual band so your point is pretty worthless.

They're worth a listen every once in a while but I don't feel a need to "let all of their albums grow on me" or whatever.