Caramons Poem

Thela hun ginjeet

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2008
First off, hello everyone this is my first post on this forum! Seems like a good way to kill some time at work when the boss is not looking :heh:

But every since I heard the samples and picked my jaw up off of the floor I wondered who's idea it was for Caramons Poem. I nearly excreeted a brick as soon as I realized it was based off of the Dragon Lance series, and immedatly went and told my friend who I work with about it who was not nearly as excited as I was. I guess I am just that much more awesome then he is!

So, to my question I who is the geek of the band, because he is my new hero :D

Love the songs!

:kickass: For good mesure

First off, hello everyone this is my first post on this forum! Seems like a good way to kill some time at work when the boss is not looking :heh:

But every since I heard the samples and picked my jaw up off of the floor I wondered who's idea it was for Caramons Poem. I nearly excreeted a brick as soon as I realized it was based off of the Dragon Lance series, and immedatly went and told my friend who I work with about it who was not nearly as excited as I was. I guess I am just that much more awesome then he is!

So, to my question I who is the geek of the band, because he is my new hero :D

Love the songs!

:kickass: For good mesure

I guess I'm the geek :lol:
Dragonlance slays!

:devil:

Thats it! A new genre of metal...Geek / Metal.:lol:

There is, it's called power metal. :drum roll:

But seriously look at some of the bands.

Rhapsody, DRAGONforce, and such.

But the geekiest metal album of ALL TIME is Arjen's Star One (not power metal I know), it has a song about Starwars, StarTrek, and Dune...

Seriously, I see Pyramaze as the epic, fantastic, intelligent, thinking-Mans metal band that sometimes makes you wonder like a Child!:)

I don't think we need a whole genre for "Geek/Metal". I would be happy for it to be incorporated into a few songs here and there.

Anyone a fan of "The Dark Saga"?

Geek-fest 08', coming to a stage near you!:lol: Honestly, I'm as far from a geek as you could be, but have nothing against geekism.:)
All for metal music that at times has emotion, tells of history, war, tales, etc. and is not too over the top technically or lyrically. The band Communic does this as good as anyone, while maintaining a thrashy-style.

Dark Saga being / Iced Earth or Dark Saga-the brasilian metal band? Can't say I'm a fan of either one.

Everyone must read thew following:

Sword of Truth (Terry Goodkind)
Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan)
Memory, Sorrow and Thorn (Tad Williams)
Otherland (Tad Williams)

The pinnacle of High Fantasy... as cool as Dragonlance CAN be, these books blow them all out of the water. No comparison.

:worship: :worship:

Well as promised you are now my new hero!

:devil:

Also, anyone here reading any good sci-fi or fantasy novels while we are on the topic (well sort of.) I am currently reading Xenocide, the Ender series also slays!

I have read the Enders series.
The first book, Enders Game, is probably my favorite book of all time. After that they're not as good as the first, but being as good as the first would have to be quite a task.
All the books around enders game, outside of the xenocide quartet, is really good as well.

YOU guys should read books by Andrzej Sapkowski, I'm pretty sure that there is at least one book translated to english with more to follow soon. This is the best fantasy novels I ever read.

Everyone must read thew following:

Sword of Truth (Terry Goodkind)
Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan)
Memory, Sorrow and Thorn (Tad Williams)
Otherland (Tad Williams)

The pinnacle of High Fantasy... as cool as Dragonlance CAN be, these books blow them all out of the water. No comparison.

I read some of the sword of Truth and also Memory, sorrow and thorn from Williams. It like both series. Wheel of Time also should be good, but I am not reading that much fantasy anymore.

For science fiction, I've always enjoyed Michael Crichton.