Carcass' 5150 settings?

TomiR

Lord Ejaculation
Jun 25, 2006
Finland
Has anybody ever stumbled over these settings anywhere? I absolutely love the guitar tones on Heartwork and Swansong. Great songwriting and awesome riffs and the tone is just absolutely enormous. :worship:

Have the settings ever been posted online?

If not, maybe some of you have gotten a similar tone out of their Peavey and would be kind enough to share the settings :) I would appreciate it

I have a tube screamer as well, so those settings would be nice to get as well.

np. Carcass - Polarized :headbang:

Did they use an 5150 on "Necroticism" aswell? I think the sound on this CD ist great.

If I remember correctly, they used 5150's on Heartwork and Swansong, but they used Marshall's on the older albums.

Necrotism is a great album too. Nothing beats the first riff on Corporeal Jigsore...
It get's me going every time :headbang:

Has anybody ever stumbled over these settings anywhere? I absolutely love the guitar tones on Heartwork and Swansong. Great songwriting and awesome riffs and the tone is just absolutely enormous. :worship:

Have the settings ever been posted online?

If not, maybe some of you have gotten a similar tone out of their Peavey and would be kind enough to share the settings :) I would appreciate it

I have a tube screamer as well, so those settings would be nice to get as well.

np. Carcass - Polarized :headbang:
Go to the I love metal site I beleive Colin tells what kind of amps they used. They used 5150's on necrotism and I think they may have mixed in some marshall

Unfortunately, I do not. :(

I know I used my 5150 lead channel boosted with a Maxon OD808, Bogner 412 with V30's and a Caparison Apple Horn with a Caparison PH-R pickup in the bridge.

Damn, I would have liked to try those settings out.

I just love how versatile the 5150/6505 is when it comes to distorted sounds.

I should be getting v30's to go into my Marshall 2X12" cab the day after tomorrow. I can't wait to finally get those babies in. I had Eminence Swamp Thangs before, but they weren't really my cup of tea. And you really can't go wrong with v30's now can you :)

Damn, I would have liked to try those settings out.

I just love how versatile the 5150/6505 is when it comes to distorted sounds.

I should be getting v30's to go into my Marshall 2X12" cab the day after tomorrow. I can't wait to finally get those babies in. I had Eminence Swamp Thangs before, but they weren't really my cup of tea. And you really can't go wrong with v30's now can you :)

V30's are the shit. :headbang:

Holy shit!!

I just got the V30's in, and I am totally amazed!

I always had a vision of what I wanted my tone to be like, and now I have it! The V30's where the missing part in my tone.

Awesome I must say. Very articulate speakers and I must say, they sound huge!

I must say, I never thought that speakers could make such a big difference... silly me :loco:

Now I can finally get those tones I have always tried to get :headbang:

Holy shit!!

I just got the V30's in, and I am totally amazed!

I always had a vision of what I wanted my tone to be like, and now I have it! The V30's where the missing part in my tone.

Awesome I must say. Very articulate speakers and I must say, they sound huge!

I must say, I never thought that speakers could make such a big difference... silly me :loco:

Now I can finally get those tones I have always tried to get :headbang:

The actual cab the speakers are in makes a huge difference as well. Marshall cabs are pretty good, but stuff like Bogner and Framus will make your tone even better.