Carcass Equipment

Hopkins is right - It was a Marshall 'Micro Stack' with a 5150 and also a Anniversary edition Marshall JCM -900 head. How do you know Andy Sneap!?

They also used Marshall Guv'nor pedals (not the new ones, mind you!)
I would argue that all the other guitar 'effects' you hear on the Carcass songs would have been courtesy of Colin Richardson... Like the flanger/phaser type sound at the end of Symposium of Sickness etc.

I have an old Guitar World mag (from about '94) which had a main feature on Carcass/Obituary and there was an in depth interview with Bill and Mike Hickey... they both said that Carcass were not really in to collecting guitar effects pedals etc. and wanted to keep it simple. It was a great article if you can find it anywhere.

maxperv said:
Hopkins is right - It was a Marshall 'Micro Stack' with a 5150 and also a Anniversary edition Marshall JCM -900 head. How do you know Andy Sneap!?

They also used Marshall Guv'nor pedals (not the new ones, mind you!)
I would argue that all the other guitar 'effects' you hear on the Carcass songs would have been courtesy of Colin Richardson... Like the flanger/phaser type sound at the end of Symposium of Sickness etc.

I have an old Guitar World mag (from about '94) which had a main feature on Carcass/Obituary and there was an in depth interview with Bill and Mike Hickey... they both said that Carcass were not really in to collecting guitar effects pedals etc. and wanted to keep it simple. It was a great article if you can find it anywhere.

http://carcass.goddamnbastard.org/interviews/gwinter.html

dreadnaught said:

Fucking HAILS GUYS
How are Yah ?
Man... i just want to know if anyone of you Knows which BRIDGE AND NECK pickups carcass guitarrists used on HEARTWORK CD.
or.. do you have LIVE Pictures of their heartwork tour with good close ups or at least some Almost close ups from their guitar playing LIVE?
Hails
J.P

Bill and Mike used Ibanez S540 and Gibson Les Paul guitars on Heartwork.

I know the Ibanez's at least had the stock pick ups... You can see 'em in any live photo of Steer... I think they're called DiMarzio SuperDistortion or something like that, but renamed on the S540... Go searchin' on Google for pics of that guitar for exact idea.

S540 cool... is that the same to the Ibanez s540LTD ??? wtf does LTD mean in IBANEZ guitars?