Bloodbath Equipment?

I have a few things to mention in this thread..

First off, Blakkheim "Your Friend"... Friendship is Universal... Thanks man, It's good to know I have some high and mighty friends! Most of them try to use me for sex and leave me alone, but you'd never do that, right? I bought Death's Design online for my birthday, got it in the mail a few days before the birthday... and MAN, It's so awesome! So much better than the downloaded version *GASP!* lol. I'd like to know how you do your growls. And how come you went from being grim and evil, to being the universal friend? You get an alien visit? Or was it just Tagtren and he spreaded Hypocrisy love to you and the crew? Or are you going the way of that unmentioned Korn member who became a Christian and is mentally unstable? Gasp! But still, I'd like to hear another DM CD, I'm sure you could find the power, or the "spirits" you need! Death's Design is fantastic... maybe you could make a sequal? Like "Death's Design 2".. Or II.. 2 = II.. II is more grim. Well I've wasted enough time on this issue, lol.. on to the next part..

Dan Swanö and chainsaw gutfuck in the same sentence, I must be in heaven. :) I didn't know Mr. Swanö posted here that often, but that makes this quite a cooler forum since the members of Bloodbath are posting.. woo hoo.. Oh yeah, and I'd like to know Mr. Swanö and Blakkheim's growling secrets, and Mr. Swanö's clean vocal secrets... Or perhaps advice and tips, learning methods... I need to get better, I have 2 bands that demand quality. Well thanks to you both!

I think the third question is about your guitars. I think you use Schecters... I saw some of them at Guitar Center between the $300 and $800 range? Or so. I was wondering what model you have, because I'd hate to get a guitar with a staticy or noisey system, I want a studio guitar + live performances.. an all around leet guitar... I saw a $2700 BEAUTIFUL PRS guitar but I'd rather not pay.... that much..

I think that's about it, unless you wanna inform me of a cheap studio/live microphone aswell, hehe.

Love,
Brandon

P.S. I hate people who bash me. Please, swoop down on them and melt them with your grim evilness. Thank you!

Oinkness said:

First off, Blakkheim "Your Friend"... Friendship is Universal... Thanks man, It's good to know I have some high and mighty friends! Most of them try to use me for sex and leave me alone, but you'd never do that, right? I bought Death's Design online for my birthday, got it in the mail a few days before the birthday... and MAN, It's so awesome! So much better than the downloaded version *GASP!* lol. I'd like to know how you do your growls. And how come you went from being grim and evil, to being the universal friend? You get an alien visit? Or was it just Tagtren and he spreaded Hypocrisy love to you and the crew? Or are you going the way of that unmentioned Korn member who became a Christian and is mentally unstable? Gasp! But still, I'd like to hear another DM CD, I'm sure you could find the power, or the "spirits" you need! Death's Design is fantastic... maybe you could make a sequal? Like "Death's Design 2".. Or II.. 2 = II.. II is more grim. Well I've wasted enough time on this issue, lol.. on to the next part..

Dan Swanö and chainsaw gutfuck in the same sentence, I must be in heaven. :) I didn't know Mr. Swanö posted here that often, but that makes this quite a cooler forum since the members of Bloodbath are posting.. woo hoo.. Oh yeah, and I'd like to know Mr. Swanö and Blakkheim's growling secrets, and Mr. Swanö's clean vocal secrets... Or perhaps advice and tips, learning methods... I need to get better, I have 2 bands that demand quality. Well thanks to you both!

I think the third question is about your guitars. I think you use Schecters... I saw some of them at Guitar Center between the $300 and $800 range? Or so. I was wondering what model you have, because I'd hate to get a guitar with a staticy or noisey system, I want a studio guitar + live performances.. an all around leet guitar... I saw a $2700 BEAUTIFUL PRS guitar but I'd rather not pay.... that much..

I think that's about it, unless you wanna inform me of a cheap studio/live microphone aswell, hehe.

Love,
Brandon

P.S. I hate people who bash me. Please, swoop down on them and melt them with your grim evilness. Thank you!

I saw you scare of Mikael's wife on the Opeth board, and now your going to scare off two metal gods. YOU MEANIE HEAD!!!

PhlegethonVeins said:
I saw you scare of Mikael's wife on the Opeth board, and now your going to scare off two metal gods. YOU MEANIE HEAD!!!

Dont ask why but that made me laugh so much! :lol:

Coincidentally, I just picked up one today for 30 bucks (it's made in Japan). It's missing the volume knob, but it still works 100%. Any good settings to get a massive death metal crunch? I just fiddled around with it before I went to work and from the looks of it, this is a very versatile pedal. It can perform an assortment of sounds.

I'm using this with my Marshall 8100. It not 100% tube, but if it worked for Death and In Flames (The Jester Race, Whoracle), then it should kick some serious ass.

I would also like to point out that a lot of cool records were made with this pedal. Apart from the kick-ass Bloodbath albums, the first two Opeth's, Loveless, Slaughter of the Soul, The Jester Race, Whoracle, Left-hand Path, Clandestine (naturally), David Gilmore (don't know which album), and a whole slew of others. If I'm missing some, please enlighten me...

Oinkness said:

The archangel Lucifer himself couldn't complete such a daunting task.

Do they turn all the knobs to the right on their Boss HM-2? If so, do they use the noise gates located in the gt-5?; because I recently acquired one, and they are noisy as fuck once the gain has been pushed past 12:00...

I get lots of noise with one too using my brother's Marshall, it's not a tube amp though. It is a Valvestate model or whatever. Turn all the knobs up to the right and the far right one turn it left a little till you get the proper sound on the pedal.

Tumn said:
I get lots of noise with one too using my brother's Marshall, it's not a tube amp though. It is a Valvestate model or whatever. Turn all the knobs up to the right and the far right one turn it left a little till you get the proper sound on the pedal.

Coincidentally, I am using a Valvestate too, the 8100 head.:cool:

I dont have the pedal as of yet, but I do have a marshall tube amp. I remember hearing someone awhile back that you are supposed to layer the distortion of the amp with the pedal...is that true? Because if I do that with any of the pedals I have I gets extra noise when I am not even playing anything.

I had a JCM 800 and it seemed like the only way to get a decent (death metal) distortion was to double a pedal over the crunch. Made a load of noise (squealed like mad when nothing was being touched) but I managed to reduce it slightly by fiddling with the Master and Pre-Amp knobs, and I managed to cope with the rest just by being really quick to hit the pedal the second I stopped playing. Though I'm sure there's a much more simple (and expensive) way to deal with it.

i'll kinda resurrect this thread.. but here it goes..

so you've gotta turn marshall's distortion on togheter with hm-2's ?

.. i found out that you gotta have pedal LEVEL in a low value to get it to sound better.. and increase the amp's instead.. whutz your settings for Boss HM-2 to get to BLOODBATHing ?!

other thing is.. do ya guys use regular 9v adaptor or BOSS's ACA / PSA adaptors ?.. can that make difference in the sound.. ?

If Satan himself had a guitar tone, it would be wimpy next to the RTC tone! That is the most aggressive, nasty, violent and beautiful guitar tone EVER! I've never heard anything else like it.

I've tried to replicate it...I failed.

I must buy an HM-2!

BLOODBATH FUCKING RULES!!!!

SS

THE WACKEN CARNAGE RULES!! THE GUITAR SOUND IS CRUSHING!, WHAT IS THE EQUIPMENT??, HM-2 + PEAVEY 5150???, DELAYS??