Åkerfeldt is out of Bloodbath again.

From a recent interview with Metal Insider...

So you hope to have it in the studio by 2013, hopefully. Is the singer already established or known?
Oh, he’s a legend!

So that’s why you need the contract!
Exactly. So it’s not just this guy from the street or anything. It’s not a nobody. We wouldn’t settle for anything less, actually. It’s just as much for the fans as for us, probably even more for us because when we do Bloodbath, we don’t think about any kind of aspects like what we need to do, what to expect from us, business decisions or anything. We just want to have a hell of a good time. We got the opportunity to work with two of the vocalists that I consider probably among the top five vocalists of death metal in the world, Peter Tagtgren [Hypocrisy] and Mikael Akerfeldt. It’s hard to be those guys. I mean, they have tremendous growl and range and everything like that. It’s just, apart from that, you can’t settle for anything less basically. You need to get someone else in there, and there are a couple of guys we always wanted to work with. So hopefully we’re getting one. [laughs]

When do you hope to have all the ink dry?
If things work out, I think Axe is going to come off of Opeth sometime in March. If we can get in studio by March with him doing the drums, we can knock the rest out between gigs and stuff. So hopefully an early Fall release. It’s definitely a 2013 release. That’s part of the contract thing as well, but we just got to make sure it happens.

Full interview here.

I just hope they are keeping to what they said in the latest dvd that they wanted the next album to be less technical and american and more dirty like autopsy...could be nice :)