Mikael back into Bloodbath ?

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Well, I just read on a french mag which interviewed Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth was playing at the Hellfest, France) that he really really enjoyed playing with Bloodbath and that he felt kind of fustration of not having participated to "Nightmare Made Flesh"..and he finished by telling to the journalist " But I've already told you too much... (laughs)"
Crossed fingers !

opethmaniac said:
Well, I just read on a french mag which interviewed Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth was playing at the Hellfest, France) that he really really enjoyed playing with Bloodbath and that he felt kind of fustration of not having participated to "Nightmare Made Flesh"..and he finished by telling to the journalist " But I've already told you too much... (laughs)"
Crossed fingers !
I agree, there is no way that Mikael is going to be back in Bloodbath. Cheers :) :) :) :) :)

That would be cool but I think it would probably hamper Bloodbath's chances of going ona proper tour so us normal folk who can't afford to fly internationaly to gigs like WAcken to come see them.

But I'd love to hear another Aker-fronted BB album.

Its kind of hard to replace such a powerful death metal voice, any other choices for vocalists would just be down grades. I highly doubt Mike rejoins, if he does BB would just probably be a studio band indeed, but that would eliminate the whole purpose of getting rid of Swano.

So Dan comes back as well and Jonas/Anders realize the error in their ways and keep the people that were meant to be here in the first place.

sounds good to me...Tumn

I think having Mike back in bloodbath is not problematic schedulewise
I mean bloodbath need Martin Axe for touring but Axe is touring with Mike anyway.
The reason Mike left bloodbath in the first place because when bloodbath decided to tour Mike was supposed to tour with Opeth and the two collided...now it can be coordinated when two members of bloodbath play in Opeth(assuming Mike does come back to bloodbath)

The thing with Bloodbath touring is that even Anders and Jonas are busy with Katatonia's upcoming fall tour...
so I say there are only 2 ways out of this situation
1.As said before have bloodbath as a studio band without touring which off course means Swanö would return(If he agrees after Anders and Jonas gave him the boot eventually for no reason at all)
2. The Great Cold Nightmares Made Reveries tour 2007

by legal are you referring to the fact that Katatonia is in Peaceville/Snapper
Bloodbath is Century Media, Opeth is in Roadrunner (and just in case Swanö is in Black Mark).

I don't think Peaceville has anything against having Jonas and Anders playing in Bloodbath on the same tour...Black Mark doesn't fund tours but they give permission to do pretty much whatever you want including playing for bands signed in other labels and total creative freedom(so I was told by Dan Swanö).
The problem is probably going to be with Roadrunner who are greedy bastards(and we all know it) and wouldn't agree for a combined tour like this and rather send its own bands to support Opeth.
There is also another problem which is pure physiological...assuming all this legal stuff is resolved and all bands go on tour for a small 8 hour festival in each town(every band gives a full 2 hours set plus recess between the shows to set all the equipment for the next band and give the audience a little rest) this means all people who play in 2 bands(that is Mike,Anders,Jonas,Axe) have to perform for 4 hours every day on tour...which is physicly very demanding... and to make easy on the band every show will be shortened and the audience will lose an extra hour and a half of quality music which is a shame.

still would be cool to have such a fest