Åkerfeldt is out of Bloodbath again.

winters epilogue

Senior Lurker
Aug 27, 2004
Massachusetts
jeremytyarks.com
"I'm not in Bloodbath," says Akerfeldt. "They have a new singer, which I can’t say who it is. Bloodbath for me was never a serious project, it was just something I did for fun. We did a few songs on the last North American tour, we did two songs at the very last show because we were touring with Katatonia, so the whole Bloodbath band was there. It's still fun you know? But I think that some of the other guys in Bloodbath want to take it to the next level, which I don’t really want to do because I’m so busy anyways."

Full article here: http://loudwire.com/opeth-frontman-mikael-akerfeldt-no-longer-a-member-of-bloodbath/

I think it's just time for Bloodbath to call it quits. Even though Mike left, they still have to contend with Opeth's schedule on some level because of Axe. Then again, if Mike was holding them down more than just Opeth's schedule, I could be wrong.

Really, I want Bloodbath to split so Anders will record a new Diabolical Masquerade, haha.

Alteredmindeath, Don't you have lame board games to sell? XD

Dude can write whatever he wants and the fact of the matter is he doesn't owe you, I or anyone an explanation. I think you've misused the phrase 'sold-out,' because that implies a monetary exchange took place. He's not writing the things he's writing to make more money, (if anything he's lost money from alienating his fan base), it seems like he's just moved on from metal because after two and a half decades he's bored. Look at the man's list of influences...the shift to prog was inevitable.

Åkerfeldt hate is en vogue.

is it weird i read this in his voice? (in my head)

new diabolical masquerade would be awesome :(

i liked BB better when they sounded like entombed :(. but i enjoy that a lot of people like them now, bloodbath got me into death metal, and im sure it will get a lot more.

To me the most important point here is the new vocalist. I don't know how much I trust the article but if a new vocalist is in the fold I'd love to know who it is. I still prefer Peter's songs over Mike's, but I'm pretty certain he is not the new replacement. If they have a new vocalist and are intending to move full speed ahead as the article indicates I'm going to get excited. I am hoping they backtrack the sound a little though, The Fathomless Mastery was pretty good but to me nothing stood out like it did on Ressurection Through Carnage or Nightmares Made Flesh

I think it's just time for Bloodbath to call it quits. Even though Mike left, they still have to contend with Opeth's schedule on some level because of Axe. Then again, if Mike was holding them down more than just Opeth's schedule, I could be wrong.

Really, I want Bloodbath to split so Anders will record a new Diabolical Masquerade, haha.

They have never been a full force band so why should they quit now?!
Screw Diabolical Masquerade! Havent you seen the Kata-interview where they ask Anders about DM? To me it looked like hes done with that.

To me the most important point here is the new vocalist. I don't know how much I trust the article but if a new vocalist is in the fold I'd love to know who it is. I still prefer Peter's songs over Mike's, but I'm pretty certain he is not the new replacement. If they have a new vocalist and are intending to move full speed ahead as the article indicates I'm going to get excited. I am hoping they backtrack the sound a little though, The Fathomless Mastery was pretty good but to me nothing stood out like it did on Ressurection Through Carnage or Nightmares Made Flesh

Yes, wonder who it is. Lots of good growlers out there today.
I hope we get a new album next year.

This could be great news...His growls have sucked the last two years or so but he was talking on a new more old school, autopsy like direction for bloodbath on the latest dvd and now we will probably get a new boring album like the fathomless mastery....I would love to be proved wrong though....

I seriously can't stand Peter in Hypocrisy...but I love Nightmares.
I think my preference looks like this: Nightmares>Unblessing>Ressurection>Fathomless>Breeding