Åkerfeldt is out of Bloodbath again.

Cool to see what albums other people prefer, I'm not 100% sure of mine. But I guess it'd have to be

Nightmares Team Chesh > Breeding Jeff > The Fathomless Pantry > Resurrection Tube Varnish > Unblessing The Mutiny.

I think nightmares is top because of the vox, it's just crazy and chaotic I suppose.

This could be great news...His growls have sucked the last two years or so but he was talking on a new more old school, autopsy like direction for bloodbath on the latest dvd and now we will probably get a new boring album like the fathomless mastery....I would love to be proved wrong though....

You have to remember Mike has had next to nothing to do with the creative process in BB.

Besides we have Autopsy making stuff that sounds like old school autopsy right now :p.

Watch the new guy ends up being Rogga. 10000 old school dm bands and still more time to dedicate than Mike.

How it reallllly happened.

Mike says "Hey guys I'm really excited to play some metal, if you haven't heard I've been busy rocking the 70s wave. *pause* You know what would be a really good idea? If we tried making death metal progressive! Progressive death!" Blakkie kicks him out of the vehicle by Swanos house, Swano doesn't let him in and Wilson picks him up in a Volkswagon.

they should get swano back, im with bassplayer TFM and UtP suuuuuuuuucked balls :lol:.

just like a lot of death metal today, it lost the groove and is just a sea of uninteresting blast beats

they should get swano back, im with bassplayer TFM and UtP suuuuuuuuucked balls :lol:.

just like a lot of death metal today, it lost the groove and is just a sea of uninteresting blast beats

+1

And it won't be swano for sure. He said he can't do death vocals for extended periods, which means no live gigs and a long time needed for studio sessions.

+1

And it won't be swano for sure. He said he can't do death vocals for extended periods, which means no live gigs and a long time needed for studio sessions.

while i agree with you there, i dont know that he ever did vocal in bloodbath anyway, aside from a few parts in some old tracks (one song on breeding death had everyone growl....forget which one though......this is embarassing :lol:)

still, ill buy the new album. i like all these swedes and i support their music :p, i guess

Alteredmindeath, Don't you have lame board games to sell? XD

Dude can write whatever he wants and the fact of the matter is he doesn't owe you, I or anyone an explanation. I think you've misused the phrase 'sold-out,' because that implies a monetary exchange took place. He's not writing the things he's writing to make more money, (if anything he's lost money from alienating his fan base), it seems like he's just moved on from metal because after two and a half decades he's bored. Look at the man's list of influences...the shift to prog was inevitable.

Åkerfeldt hate is en vogue.

I don't know where you got that. I haven't played a board game since I was a little kid lol.

How it reallllly happened.

Mike says "Hey guys I'm really excited to play some metal, if you haven't heard I've been busy rocking the 70s wave. *pause* You know what would be a really good idea? If we tried making death metal progressive! Progressive death!" Blakkie kicks him out of the vehicle by Swanos house, Swanos does let him in and Wilson picks him up in a Volkswagon.

:lol:

Jonas: Its the BB album I have been listening to the most, by far. It stays fresh alot longer than the NMF and RTC, which also kicks ass.

Screw Diabolical Masquerade! Havent you seen the Kata-interview where they ask Anders about DM? To me it looked like hes done with that.

Actually, there is an interview from October where he mentioned that he always thinks about it, but it's a matter of time.

7:38

Last edited by a moderator: