Åkerfeldt is out of Bloodbath again.

Sometimes I think that in every straight there's a gay! Something or nothing a whole either way it's a way,
it's a way, it's a way, it's a way, it's a way
EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY

Interview with Jonas.

http://loudwire.com/katatonia-jonas-renske-talks-upcoming-cd-anniversary-shows-more/

Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth recently announced he isn’t going to be a member of your death metal project Bloodbath anymore. What is the future of that band?
We haven’t been talking very much about it lately, mainly because Opeth are so busy now and we have been totally busy with the new album. Martin Axenrot the drummer (Opeth) is still going to be in Bloodbath along with the other guys (Anders from Katatonia and Per ‘Sodomizer’ Eriksson). Listening to the new Opeth album, you get a hint of what Mikael is doing these days. He’s not doing the death metal vocals anymore. He wasn’t fond of doing that lately, and I totally respect that. We have to look for somebody else to do the vocals, but right now Katatonia is my main priority for probably at least the next year.

Do you have any interest in doing the vocals for Bloodbath?
Not really. I don’t think I have the capacity to pull off a whole album or the live shows. I’ll just stick to playing the bass there.
"

Looks like we have to wait another year or so for next BB. :(

Ouch. Fully excited for the new Katatonia for sure, but that is a tad disappointing... the best thing about Akerfeldts announcement was knowing there was life in this project and it giving some hope that something was on the horizon.

Ouch. Fully excited for the new Katatonia for sure, but that is a tad disappointing... the best thing about Akerfeldts announcement was knowing there was life in this project and it giving some hope that something was on the horizon.

agreed actually, looking forward to some new blood :D. (pun intended :p)