Equipment used on RTC? drums, guitar, bass

Sune

Aug 17, 2004
Denmark
Yes, what equipment did you use on RTC to get that lovely sound? Which guitar(s) ? which bass? and what kind of drums did Dan play?

And can you tell me about the effects, I know that you for the guitar(s) used a Boss Metalzone something. Can you tell me more about it? What about the amps?

Sune said:
I wish I could get some of the bandmembers to answer, heh, so we won't have all these discussions.
on RTC we used a digitech multieffect with a heavy metal pedal on top, lined straight to the computer (not mic'd) with freefilter.

on NMD, we used a heavymetal pedal into a marshall amp and mic'd it up.

Blakkheim, I just want to pay respect to your band and all of the music you guys have created on the new album. RTC was great but man the new stuff is even more intense, I have been mentioning your bands name in almost every big magazine, television show, and interview I do for my band called Vehemence. Cheers to you guys using the same artist we used for our newest record helping the world to see.

Vehemence-HelpingTheWorldToSee.jpg

Here check it out. Wes Benscoter does superb work, to me I think this is the best piece of artwork he has made in a long time besides that artwork called LOWLIFE which is the poster he sells through his website.We hope to play with you at some point, come over to the U.S.A. we have the popularity & contacts/ cloute to set up a Bloodbath/Vehemence tour where Bloodbath can get paid $800.00 or more a show, all you would need is small tour support from your label CM. email me at john@vehemence.com

If you want to hear soem quick samples, check out our MySpace page, which I strongly suggest you make your band an account for.

http://www.myspace.com/vehemence

hey i'll be chekkin out vehemence indeed.

appreciate the support from u guys and and who knows, we might play together later on. we'll see how the bloodbath live in 2005 situation shapes up.

agree benscoter is really great for his style. i gave him this vision i had and he did the most fukkin SIKK painting out of it! a bit cartoon like, but it fits...

Blakkheim, can you tell us which guitar you used on RTC ? And if you know - What brand of drums did Dan use? And Jonas bass?

Sune said:
Blakkheim, can you tell us which guitar you used on RTC ? And if you know - What brand of drums did Dan use? And Jonas bass?
on RTC we played on dan's own 5-string Schecter Celloblaster, a cool but very hard played guitar as well as on his bc rich 6-string. cant recall what bass it was, but it's not of significance, i promise... drums no idea... me and jonas werent even there when the drums were recorded as they were recorded AFTER (!) our guitar/bass takes.

Jinn, thats not a bad idea, im sure Cannibal would be into these guys. Hell we are all friends anyways, why the hell not, ill give Alex a call. Ill have to try out one of those 5 stringers sometime. I want that 27 fret guitar available from Caparison. Yeah the thing with Benscoter is you just give him just the album title like we did and he just came with that on his own. Looking forward to seeing your artwork.

Our Vehemence tour sistuation will change drasticly by next year, we will be able to tour more and for alot longer. Send me your address Blakkheim and ill have all of our albums sent to you. john@vehemence.com

Heh, this might sound really freaky Vehemence, but Corpse came to Houston and I actually talked to Alex after the show for a bit. I suggested he tour with Bloodbath, and he took a liking to the idea... I think that seeing a lineup with Vehemence, Bloodbath, and Corpse in it would kick ASS. It would be comparable to Corpse's recent lineup [well, drop Macabre first.. I wasn't impressed by them].

!Blakkheim gets free cds? Well hey, him being a complete pimp of metal gets ya there.

I hope to pick up "God Was Created" once I stop being so piss assed broke. Rock on guys!

I also have a completely off-topic question; If you're gonna be able to tour in 2005, would you film some of the shows and maybe make a dvd? Because if you don't have much time to tour, then it will maybe be one of the only (if not the only) tour Bloodbath makes, and I think its sad if other people than the ones at the shows never will get an opportunity to see how Bloodbath is live...??

Just an idea.

Sune said:
I also have a completely off-topic question; If you're gonna be able to tour in 2005, would you film some of the shows and maybe make a dvd? Because if you don't have much time to tour, then it will maybe be one of the only (if not the only) tour Bloodbath makes, and I think its sad if other people than the ones at the shows never will get an opportunity to see how Bloodbath is live...??

Just an idea.
that idea will be taken into account for sure.

as for dan's bc rich guitar... it's an american made ST-3 with EMG 81 + 2 EMG singlecoils in black color and reversed head (back up for hockey?!?)