I did not know that . . .

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
It says on Bloodbath's myspace page that, Dan Swano only did drums on Breeding Death and RTC???? I thought he played guitar and drums on both of those albums . . . I was under the impression that when Bloodbath first formed that Jonas, Dan, and Anders all got drunk and jammed that shit out on guitar and got drunk and what-not?

Are they just not crediting Dan for guitar work on the first two releases or was I just that oblivious?

Breeding Death - All guitars were played by Blakkheim, all bass by Renkse and the drums by Swanö.
Resurrection Through Carnage - If you look closer, you'll also see that there's no credit for Jonas playing guitar here, while he did just as Swanö. Everyone played guitars and bass on their own songs while all the drums were again done by Swanö. Reason why it doesnt say so in the album notes or myspace etc is because the band wanted to maintain an official line-up credit with each guy on their "live situation" instrument.
Nightmares Made Flesh - same as above except that Axe played drums on the whole album.

Interesting. I knew they did that for NMF, didn't know they did it for RTC. Lord K said Dan dubbed in the left bass drum after recording on RTC, because Dan didn't play double-bass. Any truth to that?

Interesting. I knew they did that for NMF, didn't know they did it for RTC. Lord K said Dan dubbed in the left bass drum after recording on RTC, because Dan didn't play double-bass. Any truth to that?

I thought he played all of the bass drum parts but cleaned them up with triggers. That's what he told me.

he may have, but he usually programs his double bass. i knew he did for crimson and DM, check out his posts on the subject

Bump for the Bloodbath Moderators immense knowledge and possible sexuality for all that is Bloodbath.

If you're not dead, post something. We need to know so we don't go full retard.

but yeah, cool info itt

Breeding Death - All guitars were played by Blakkheim, all bass by Renkse and the drums by Swanö.
Resurrection Through Carnage - If you look closer, you'll also see that there's no credit for Jonas playing guitar here, while he did just as Swanö. Everyone played guitars and bass on their own songs while all the drums were again done by Swanö. Reason why it doesnt say so in the album notes or myspace etc is because the band wanted to maintain an official line-up credit with each guy on their "live situation" instrument.
Nightmares Made Flesh - same as above except that Axe played drums on the whole album.

Interesting... but Swanö did still write riffs for Breeding Death, right?