"Casting The Stones" - press release

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
Just saw this:

For Immediate Release

June 8, 2004

Colorado’s JAG PANZER Casting the Stones in Florida

Colorado long-standing metal legends JAG PANZER are hard at work on their 8th studio album, Casting The Stones, with celebrated producer Jim Morris (Iced Earth, Savatage) at the legendary Morrisound Studios (Nasty Savage, Death, Cannibal Corpse) in Tampa, Florida. Additionally, Casting The Stones will feature cover-art by distinguished artist Mattias Noren (Evergrey, Into Eternity).

In recent years, JAG PANZER has toured the U.S. with Iced Earth and In Flames prior to releasing Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat, a collection of newly recorded versions of rare tracks from the band’s early years. To support the release, the band was honored to perform across the U.S. with heavy metal kings Helloween. Additionally, their 2003 headlining performance in Cologne, Germany won them top honors from Germany’s premier heavy metal magazine Rock Hard, which voted the performance as their #1 concert of 2003.

Founding guitarist Mark Briody sends this message to JAG PANZER’s expectant worldwide fanbase:

“Casting the Stones is coming out GREAT! We're about 70% percent done. All drums and rhythm guitars are complete. Half the vocals and half the bass tracks are done also. I'm very happy with the songs. Chris (Broderick) has delivered some awesome layered and complex songs complete with some intense polyrhythms. My songs have much more harmony guitar work then my previous writing. We're also using some different gear - amps, cymbals, drums, etc. The production is going to be very cool. We also used some different tunings on the album. Look for an mp3 in a month or so.”

Century Media Records will release Casting The Stones worldwide this fall.