Cathedral

kollex

Autistic Superstar
Oct 16, 2002
somewhere
www.maxpages.com
what are peoples views on this band. ive got caravan beyond redemption and it fucking rocks. groovy doom metal good for dancing to and to chilling out to. plus with some of the coolest artwork i have seen. plus their from Coventry:headbang:

Planetary Eulogy overcome the lobotomy
ALL and i mean A L L Cathedral albums fuckin RULE AND SLAY , from the pure and slow DOOM of Forest Of Equilibrium , to the most groovy moments of Caravan Beyond Redemption and Nineth Coming
saw them performing live for the third time 3 weeks ago, and they gave a PERFECT performance, Lee Dorrian is a totally wild hippie-killer frontamn
this band is a real RIFF MACHINE, and my favourite albums are Carnival Bizzare and The Ethereal Mirror
p.s. ALSO they are the ONLY band that doesnt just say that nu "metal" sucks, but they also have longsleeve shirts with "DEATH TO NU METAL" written on their backs

I've got everything from them except Statik Majik, and all of the releases offer something worthwhile. I especially enjoy The VIIth COming, Ethereal Mirror, and Caravan Beyond Redemption. Hopkins is their best EP.

I'm more into their groovy albums that have some leanings towards stoner rock from the middle of their career, though the two last ones aren't bad either. Their first two sound too dated for me.

Cathedral are bloody awesome.

"Endtyme" is my favorite record of theirs, and one of the heaviest records ever recorded. Doomsters must seek this out. I have VIIth Coming too, and I like it more than most...but I think Ian's summation (is that a word?) is best, Endtyme is the best summary of their ideas. It's amazingly horrific.

Of the groovier stuff, "Carnival Bizarre" is my favorite, although "Ethereal Mirror" is very, very good too.

I'm also a big proponent of their VHS/DVD video collection: for a band that never amounted to anything saleswise in America, it blows me away that they've consistently had a video budget for every album. The clip for "Hopkins" uses footage from Conqueror Worm and Mark of the Devil and is very inspiring.