Cathedral

SerenityNow!

*burp*
Feb 28, 2008
On Top
Just listened to some Cathedral, after a long break from them. I gotta say THEY RIP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty refreshing after not listening to them for a while. Best albums, no doubt, are Ethereal Mirror and Carnival Bizarre.

KICK ASS!:headbang::kickass:

yeah but the production's terrible. They have a double EP (?) called Static Magic, which has some of the older stuff in better production. sounds sweet!

tried several times to get into forest of equlibrium ... but didn't succeed. It has its good moments, but also some ridiculous parts ... like the part where they play recorder. yet, i can understand that other people love the album. i wish i could.

I wouldn't call them obscure.

That said, they kick asses in all directions at once.

I like a bit of Cathedral but Lee's lyrics and vocals do sometimes border of self parody. heh

Even with Midnight Mountain, throwing in a little doomy disco funk!! Can't listen to them all the time, but when I do throw them in for a spin, I get the whilpash effect!:headbang:

Yeah, he's not a great vocalist, and he admits it too. The best description of his vocals I've heard is "a lizard frying on a rock". Fuckin' right!! Even though he doesn't have the best voice, the vocals go great with the music!!

More of this...:headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang::headbang:

^ I dunno... I mean Cathedral's music is simply brilliant, but Dorrian's awful vocals stop me from really becoming a fan. I just find him that bad, and this is considering I have no issues with more extreme, less controlled vocal styles (Hate Forest, Urfaust, Circle Of Ouroborus, Hekel, the list goes on). Hell half of the indie bands I love for example have totally shit singers, but Lee Dorrian? Seriously, he needs to NOT sing, or learn to sing better.

... that said though, I will give him credit for his performance on Jaded Entity (The Ethereal Mirror), which imo, is one of the most mind crushing doom songs of all time. That riff at the end along with the drumming is pant-wetting :kickass: