Cauldron...incredible traditional metal

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Just picked up the new CAULDRON "Chained to the Nite" disc. Holy smokes. This band has tapped into the traditional metal sound from the 80's perfectly withut trying to steal or make a joke out of it. For fans of Wolf, NWOBHM, and fans of traditional metal. I just also read via thier myspace they they are going to be on tour this August with another great band...Enforcer.

If anyone was a fan of the band Goat Horns. This is the band that has risen out of ashes of that band. I cant recommend this disc enough.

On a quick side note....I also picked up this disc from a German band METAL LAW - "Night of the Wolf". Everything about this disc looked generic as hell. From the lame name to the generic cover, but the music inside is powerful as hell. Full on traditional / power metal without any of the symphonic stuff. Pure, raw classic metal. This is a disc also worth tracking down. I am looking for thier newest one now. For fans of early Running Wild, early Manowar and classic bands....this is a must buy.

It really seems that lots of the classic traditional stuff is back on the rise.

Cool to see this band getting some praise! I couldn't agree more - this album is killer from start to finish. While they're doing nothing "new" per se, they play their variation on trad metal very well. Catchy as hell. Their E.P. Into the Cauldron is very good as well. Would love to see these guys live - put Chicago on the tour itinerary! I can already picture myself with a sore neck from all the headbanging! :)

yeah...the whole classic sound is on the rebound it seems. Earache is signing a bunch. White Wizzard and Powervice. I think they are re-issuing the Cast Iron disc too.

Cauldron and Enforcer are on a US tour together too in August....should be very cool.