CCC alternative for Windows

Drummerrrrr?

Jun 30, 2011
Melbourne
Carbon Copy Cloner is perfect on OSX but nothing on Windows works as well. Just about every program I've tried uses a proprietary image file and has a shitful interface. All I need is folder to folder backup support and some sort of revision or 'safetynet' feature to recover deleted or changed files.
What does everyone use?

Are you talking about backups for your system?
I have had great results with the free version of Macrium Reflect. I schedule a few different pc's to automatically save new images to directories onto a usb drive connected to one central pc. then i use a utility called Belvedere to automatically delete files in each directory older than 2 weeks. this keeps it clean. there are some pitfalls, but so far this is the best FREE solution I have found.

I've tried Macrium but it didn't like my HFS formatted drive. I found FreeFileSync which is great for file and folder backup but doesn't provide any imagine services.

I worked around that drive format problem somehow, can't remember. I use it to create images and you can just double click the images to open them and browse files through macrium, it's pretty killer.