CD CASES

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
What do you do with your CD cases? (Assuming there is at least one other person here who actually BUYS music and doesn't dl it from the fucking internet)

I put all my CDs in a carrying case and the jewel cases and artwork go in a box in the closet. This sucks.

Carrying cases make damage to CDs much more likely, so I don't use them. I keep CDs stored in their cases on shelves.

blurrycds.jpg

haha, it's all blurry.

I think I have that same type of shelf, except it's two sections wide and not three. Nice shelf. :kickass:

It's the first and only CD shelf I've owned that I haven't hated for one reason or another.

Although considering it is full, along with the spinner one next to it, it's nearly time to upgrade. Again. Balls.

Carrying cases make damage to CDs much more likely, so I don't use them. I keep CDs stored in their cases on shelves.
I was starting to wonder about this. For the past year and a half or so I thought it was my son getting into them but you're probably right, it's the damn carrying case.

People don't use shelving? :tickled: I thoughtthis was the default way to go! Gugs introduced this to me. He has about 40 feet of this (in width).

That said, it's not like my CD's ever come off the shelf since they're all ripped to my iPOD.

My CDs stay in their CD cases, and I don't really take them out and about. I regularly make burned copies of CDs I buy for the car, or just upload the ripped files to my mp3 player for use elsewhere. I've had to re-buy too many damned CDs that got damaged due to travel cases, people dropping, abusing, etc.

I just bought a shit ton of jewel cases to stick my CD's with really bad digipacks in, so they don't get scratched up every time I listen to them.

Other then that, all my CD's are in piles strewn around the basement. Some on boxes. And recent purchases (last 2 weeks) are on my computer desk.

If the Boltz stuff wasn't so damn expensive, I'd be all about it. That is, if I wasn't considering putting everything into polypropylene sleeves and drastically reducing the amount of room the collection takes up.