CD collection is getting stale........

Waning Moon

Oct 29, 2005
Need to find new bands to listen to, got loads of CD's in my collection that i love but theres nothing quite like finding an awesome band that youve never heard before and getting excited about their back catalogue. Obviously Watershed will be along soon, but to fill the gap, anyone want to recommend some bands for me to check out? i listen to anything really, any kind of vox and guitars, heavy, soft, and everything in between. cheers!

i second akercocke.
also, alice in chains, but you probably know them already.
hmmmm, tool, terry reid, shape of despair (amazing funeral doom), leaf hound, witchcraft (sweden), facebreaker, cephalic carnage, evergrey, godspeed! you black emperor, marillion, kyuss, my darkest hate, pig destroyer, quo vadis, scent of death, watchmaker (it's not for eveybody, but hey), vital remains...just to name a few.

Anything by Arcturus. I prefer The Sham Mirrors, but I think a lot of people would recommend Aspera Hiems Symfonia which is incredible as well. Either way, you can't go wrong! I'd also say check out Bergtatt or Kveldssanger by Ulver since it definitely meets your criteria (hard, soft, good vox).

First of all you should check out everything related to devin townsend (mainly his solo work, the devin townsend band, strapping young lad). Other bands: gojira, amorphis, cult of luna, isis, no-man, between the buried and me, meshuggah, goblin, spiritual beggars, 3, dredg, cynic, kuha., kuolleet intiaanit, god is an astronaut etc. etc.

Metal (death, black, prog etc) : Abysmal Dawn, Borknagar, Spawn of Possession, Devin Townsend Band, Soilwork, Finntroll, Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Rock (mainly prog) : Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard, Blackfield, Circulus (amazing psych/folk/prog band)

Doom Metal: Reverend Bizarre
Black Metal: Negura Bunget, Burzum
Death Metal: Bloodbath
Depressive Rock: New Katatonia

There you go.. may take a while to get into some of those, but once you do..

Sorry I couldn't resist. I admire you for not getting mad about it like some people around here.
But I still think you should listen to Cat Stevens, he's good.