CD INZANE II NEW SITE LAUNCHED: *FREE SHIPPING ON PHONE ORDERS (SEE BOTTOM OF BLOG):

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD INZANE

CD INZANE LLC
May 5, 2003
Minneapolis
www.cdinzane.com
Hey

The new CD Inzane sight launched yesterday with very few problems. This is a 2 year programming work, finally replacing the normal CD Inzane sight at www.cdinzane.com The most advanced bells n' whistles are on this one. Plain and simple, there is a ton on the back-end that you don't see but that will help us deal better with the thousands of orders we get each month.

Enhanced features you'll love are:

Decreased phone hours: We've had to stepped this up having someone there to answer your questions and to take you phone orders. (This has been our larges growning pain, hopefully this will ease your frustration with not always getting thru to us) New hours: 7am to 1pm Mon - Fri

Shipping UPS vs. USPS:
Not even Amazon gives you the capability of automated UPS shipping during checkout. Now you can choose UPS shipping with tracking and insurance, even if only order 1 or 2 cds / dvds etc. This increased security, speed of shipping from our steps to yours and often, we will be able to ship same day if ordered early a.m.

Frequent Buyer Program: This is set to launch this coming Friday, but it already works. We are only testing perameters of it's function. Within the last 3 weeks, our server counter showed us that we had 45,677 unique customers (based from IP address') visit www.cdinzane.com Because of this, we have been trying to figure out a way to give back to all of you whom are our clients. This new method will allow you money back for your next order, based on orders placed over $50 each order. Right now, for every $50 you buy, you get $$$ back. Next time you order, you'll get money off of your 2nd purchase. Some of our clients order $500-$1500 each month from us. They will be seeing 3-9 cds free with their savings. It's automated, you can see your point balance, it just plain rocks.

Huge Q's and A's section: Ok, this one is mainly for those whom don't know about our company and some of those whom feel cool to be unkind to us because they plain don't understand our operation. This section answers all questions. Based on the needs of our customers, we've taken the major asked questions and designed our new online store to accomodate the shopping needs around them. We've always been into catering to collectors, and not speed shipping. Detailed in this area are answers to many of your questions about: shipping times, pricing, insurance, Pal vs NTSC dvds, PREORDERING (How to get it first), how to check order status online etc.

Gift Certificate Section: Did you know last year that CD Inzane processed over $22,000 in Gift Certificates. Now the Gift Certificates are in the navigation area, instead of under "G". Good for two years on anything in our store. Professionally printed, embossed certificates.

State Of The Are MP3's, page loading speeds, enhanced graphics: We hired a design team out of Phili to come up with our new state of the art logo and graphic idea. There simply is not a better looking metal sight out there right now. Besides being able to get everything all of the time, MP3s are huge on our onlines store so many can listen before they buy. Our pages now load per your liking. Enhanced dropped down menu enables you to choose how many page loads per page to speed up you shopping experience.

*Monday thru Fri from 7am - 1pm CST. Just call visit our top of the line online store, then call your order in at 763-391-9344. Mention you seen "free shipping" on www.ultimatemetal.com We'll give you free shipping (U.S. address' only) all week, no matter how many order you place!!! We're celebrating, you should too.

See you all in a few weeks. Comments: zane@cdinzane.com

Cd Inzane LLC
www.cdinzane.com
Minneapolis
(763) 391-9344

Ok, the consultants are trying to fix the search window that broke. Sorry, but someone is shopping too much and broke this the other day. Thank you again for your update everyone has sent on this being an issue.

For this, today is FREE SHIPPING for all your U.S. addressed orders...

www.cdinzane.com
(763) 391-9344

I seriously hope people will stop buying CDs from this vendor, seeing as he is illegally selling copies of our bands:

Circus Maximus - european version
Raintime - european AND japanese version

neither is to be sold in the US, and what CD INZANE is doing is illegal parallel-import.

Claus
Intromental

It's up to the labels to do that. All I can do is make people aware of him illegally parallel importing albums.

c.

That depends on who holds the intellectual property rights. If the bands have signed over those rights to the label (which is typically the case with larger labels, but not necessarily with smaller ones), then yeah its up to the label. But if the band still holds IP rights, then the band can also sue. Typically with an album, the IP rights are in multiple hands, so the label might hold some IP rights over the actual material (compact disc, CD case, inserts, etc), whereas the band may hold IP rights over the music.

The problem is that our copyright law in the U.S. is not clear on this issue. One one hand, a person has the right to resale an item he originally purchased. However, the laws also state that one needs permission to import from the copyright holder, due to exclusive distribution laws.

Since its so grey, and its such a small amount of money being discussed (relatively), its unlikely to be worth the cost of going to court over it, and more unlikely to be easily settled in court.

---

From a consumer's standpoint, its arguable that Zane does the consumer a favor by giving us a wider assortment of options and possibly a lower cost (without denying the originator their money; i.e. without ilegally copying). The only thing that can really then concern say the band (or label), is that this causes the band to have less control of the IP, and thus is not able to maximize profit through exclusive distribution/promotion deals, which lowers possible income, which lowers the incentive to create this IP in the first place.

The inability to enforce this, is of course, why albums sold in Japan (which have higher costs) need to have something else added to it (i.e. typically crappy bonus song), so that people will buy it, instead of getting a US import version.

From a consumer's standpoint, its arguable that Zane does the consumer a favor by giving us a wider assortment of options and possibly a lower cost (without denying the originator their money; i.e. without ilegally copying). The only thing that can really then concern say the band (or label), is that this causes the band to have less control of the IP, and thus is not able to maximize profit through exclusive distribution/promotion deals, which lowers possible income, which lowers the incentive to create this IP in the first place.

Uhhmm ...

What happens is that if the US label see lower-than-expected sales they will not be able to put money into promoting the band, (especially tour-support) and into the next album. This means that while one territory might be going strong, another territory suffers, and this in the end effects you, the consumer.

c.

Uhhmm ...

What happens is that if the US label see lower-than-expected sales they will not be able to put money into promoting the band, (especially tour-support) and into the next album. This means that while one territory might be going strong, another territory suffers, and this in the end effects you, the consumer.

c.

Good point. I forgot about where a label might see purchases from.... and I also forgot about how a band may be signed to different labels for different territories...

Does it really affect the consumer? If someone knows where to order to get European imports at an acceptable price (and Inzane's prices are acceptable enough for some people or they'd get no orders, correct?), how would the lack of a domestic version hurt them?

(and I've heard the argument, I forget from who, that a lack of a domestic label would invite inflated prices on the import from vendors who know they have fans bent over a barrel... which doesn't hold up, because the vendors are still competing with each other, and the very thing being argued for here is a monopoly by a domestic label instead of a foreign label, and I don't understand how that is any better unless it's "us having a monopoly" is better than "them having a monopoly".)

If import sales are hurting domestic sales that badly, why isn't one label handling their business in multiple territories? The sales are happening anyway!

How in the world does a European or Japanese pressing, with the dollar going straight down the crapper, compete with a domestic pressing these days anyway? Obviously people are paying more for Japanese versions, and I'd guess European pressings are more expensive in the States than US pressings. If that's the case, if people are buying more expensive foreign editions instead of cheaper domestic versions, then what is the point of telling these people how to buy? What, is one single person is buying a more expensive album through mail-order of obscure bands by complete accident? If someone is buying an expensive import by mail order without knowing about a domestic version, that tells me the domestic label's promotion isn't worth shit because they're missing the hardcore fan willing to spend money and willing to search out the product to do it rather than wait for it in their local store.

Shit, even if somehow the import is cheaper, what does it say about the domestic label when a foreign pressing is appearing cheaper and in place of that domestic pressing? I realize labels trade with each other for product and that can greatly lower costs from the usual distribution model, but it would be really bad form to put the screws to labels for handling their own business instead of insisting they go through a multi-tiered distribution model just so it doesn't inconvenience your releases.

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but when you say "illegal," this a contract issue more than an actual "breaking laws" situation, isn't it? If it were illegal under the laws of the land, it wouldn't even be a "sue them" issue, it would be a "make a simple phone call to the appropriate authorities" issue... fill in the holes of this logic, please.

If it is a contract issue, does CD Inzane have any contract with the band, label, or management? If not, then the problem isn't with them and being all "this is illegal" in a post from them is completely bad form. The problem would be the distributor that sold it to them, isn't it? Or maybe a step or two up the food chain, someone had a contract to sell it in only X territories, and they are the ones you should be going after. But they're likely to be primary distributors in the home territory, and making life tough for them is probably a stupid idea. So going after the guy who isn't breaking a contract because he never signed a contract is just more convenient.

In any event, whether I'm guessing right or fell off the logic wagon along the way, this is still bitching at customers for buying officially pressed versions of albums! Stop it! If your business model is in danger because people are fucking buying albums, asserting your entitlement to have your albums bought is just fucked up.

I don't think Claus was referring to how it effects sales of the domestic version, he was referring to the legality of a source acquiring the Import, and then selling it when there is no agreement between the licensing agents for release of that particular version to that seller. Just my take on what he is saying. Oh yeah and there is the question of Parallel Import/Export, which by international agreement is totally illegal in all countries. And is also covered under laws that also govern import/export of items to a terrorist country.

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but when you say "illegal," this a contract issue more than an actual "breaking laws" situation, isn't it? If it were illegal under the laws of the land, it wouldn't even be a "sue them" issue, it would be a "make a simple phone call to the appropriate authorities" issue... fill in the holes of this logic, please.

It is "breaking laws" - actually, companies are getting shut down every day around the world for keeping parallel importing after several warnings. But it's not my job to warn them, it's the labels job.

In any event, whether I'm guessing right or fell off the logic wagon along the way, this is still bitching at customers for buying officially pressed versions of albums! Stop it! If your business model is in danger because people are fucking buying albums, asserting your entitlement to have your albums bought is just fucked up.

Jim, I'm not bitching at the customers at all - I was just stating my opinion on the way CD Inzane is conducting business, and that they are hurting the bands. I said that I would hope that people don't buy from them.

c.

Hello all, to put it straight, labels are responsible for what they sell to the U.S. Beings we are a retailer to all and buy tons, it is up to them what they sell www.cdinzane.com and for this, we have no notes about territories as this would be between this company intrometal and Frontiers.

Carry on and do what you want, but the fact of the matter is, this Claus fellow is not carrying this out the correct way and contacting the label. Seaze and Assists are the responsibility of Intrometal to the label if they truley do not have Territorial of the U.S. There truley is no other way for any retailer to tell.

Have a great week.
www.cdinzane.com

...and it does not affect sales to the bands. Each band often makes double as their fans have to have both the U.S. version and the better import Europe version. Thousands purchase these titles every year from hundreds of U.S. companies. Don't want it in the U.S., then don't give the rights to the labels in opposite territories. Sign exclusive distro's for U.S., Asia, Japan and Europe. Don't beat up one of the best retailers in the world because of contracts. Tons of Euro companies sell these titles to the U.S. I can think of some of the largest warehouses in the U.S. that distro to us right now, all imports, they are on the U.S. shores and sell fluently, whether to our company or others.

Contracts are between the labels. We only buy from overseas so again, no way to tell, but also, absolutely no bands are loosing money. This is bullshit beef between labels and they see retail as a scapegoat...

Have again, another great week.
www.cdinzane.com

Hello all, to put it straight, labels are responsible for what they sell to the U.S. Beings we are a retailer to all and buy tons, it is up to them what they sell www.cdinzane.com and for this, we have no notes about territories as this would be between this company intrometal and Frontiers.

Carry on and do what you want, but the fact of the matter is, this Claus fellow is not carrying this out the correct way and contacting the label. Seaze and Assists are the responsibility of Intrometal to the label if they truley do not have Territorial of the U.S. There truley is no other way for any retailer to tell.

Have a great week.
www.cdinzane.com

The labels already did what they could in the case of Circus Maximus:
1) Sensory posted (also on this board) that the official US release was through their label
2) Sensory also notified all major retailers in US about it
3) Frontiers have acknowledged not to sell outside of their territory

And yes, it does affect the band, you Sir, are just not clever enough to understand that as you're not on that end of the table.

"the Claus fellow"

Actually, until we were informed with the rest of you today, no one ever contacted us about a U.S. pressing nor have they as of yet, directly contacted us with exclusive licensing of Raintime or Circus Maximus. Frankly, we don't buy from the U.S. so this was not even noted or looked at. No one contacted us from Laser Cd so there must be an open contract with these licensings, leaving something out this Claus fellow did not tell you. I know that Intrometal is lovers of Laser and Nightmare, perhaps they tipped them, but again, non of them ever call us, not sure why.

Contracts are between the labels. We only buy from overseas so again, no way to tell, but also, absolutely no bands are loosing money. This is bullshit beef between labels and they see retail as a scapegoat. Intrometal or whomever puts some of these titles out, would loose big money if we quit carrying their titles.

Claus, there is not money in licensing. If you have guidelines or contracts again, against you and who signs them, not us. We do not care to license anything thru Intrometal. We are an LLC, we have lawyers, all labels sell to us. This should be words of learning for you for the future in your contracts. Again, maybe licensing for all territories would straighten this out for you.

Actually, until we were informed with the rest of you today, no one ever contacted us about a U.S. pressing nor have they as of yet, directly contacted us with exclusive licensing of Raintime or Circus Maximus. Frankly, we don't buy from the U.S. so this was not even noted or looked at. No one contacted us from Laser Cd so there must be an open contract with these licensings, leaving something out this Claus fellow did not tell you. I know that Intrometal is lovers of Laser and Nightmare, perhaps they tipped them, but again, non of them ever call us, not sure why.

Contracts are between the labels. We only buy from overseas so again, no way to tell, but also, absolutely no bands are loosing money. This is bullshit beef between labels and they see retail as a scapegoat. Intrometal or whomever puts some of these titles out, would loose big money if we quit carrying their titles.

Claus, there is not money in licensing. If you have guidelines or contracts again, against you and who signs them, not us. We do not care to license anything thru Intrometal. We are an LLC, we have lawyers, all labels sell to us. This should be words of learning for you for the future in your contracts. Again, maybe licensing for all territories would straighten this out for you.

Until then, can you please post your own blog. This was only to advertise for our new site's launch, not for your anger towards someone else, pointed at us. Thanks!

Until then, can you please post your own blog. This was only to advertise for our new site's launch, not for your anger towards someone else, pointed at us. Thanks!

You refuse to understand the issue here. What you are doing is illegal parallel import, and it's the labels job to take action on this - all I can do is point out in public what you are doing. Let's leave it at that.

"the Claus fellow"
Intromental (with an "n")

Status
Not open for further replies.