CD Stores in Detroit & Chicago

DFD260

Feb 3, 2008
Dayton, TN
My family and I are planning a roadtrip to upper Michigan. We will be going through Detroit and maybe taking a roadtrip through Chicago, Indianapolis & Green Bay as well. I was just wondering if there are any cd stores to check out. Also will be travelling through Ohio & Kentucky too.

Detroit area:
Rock of Ages on Ford Road http://www.myspace.com/rockofagesgardencitymi This store focuses on rock & metal.

Record Time www.recordtime.com This store usually has a great metal section but are also more reputed for their house/techno selection.

Flipside in Royal Oak - This used to be THE place to go for local punk/hardcore and used to have a good-sized metal section, but it has downsized in recent years. (Not that every place hasn't)

Great Lakes Crossing FYE - this used to be a weirdly good FYE, I haven't been there since 2006 so I don't know how they are now.

Encore in Ann Arbor - mountains and mountains of stuff; an eye popping ocean of rock/pop and jazz, classical, hip hop, electronic. I used to go there on an almost daily basis. All used, but I was never dissatisfied with the condition of a purchase.

In actual Detroit, I don't know so much.

You should stop and stay in Chicago for at least a day.

Yeah Rolling Stones, is a great place to pick up the common stuff, like if you want to fill in the blanks in your Yes, Deep Purple, Rush you'll find great deals on them like $5-7 a disc. They're metal collection isnt what it used to be, back in the day that is where I got all my shrapnel releases from but today its mostly the common bands. They have lots of un-official concert DVDs. Its worth while to hit Beyond the Limit just a couple doors down from there, they have a better T-Shirt and Magazine selection.

But for straight up metal just hit Metal Haven.

You should stop and stay in Chicago for at least a day.

Yeah Rolling Stones, is a great place to pick up the common stuff, like if you want to fill in the blanks in your Yes, Deep Purple, Rush you'll find great deals on them like $5-7 a disc. They're metal collection isnt what it used to be, back in the day that is where I got all my shrapnel releases from but today its mostly the common bands. They have lots of un-official concert DVDs. Its worth while to hit Beyond the Limit just a couple doors down from there, they have a better T-Shirt and Magazine selection.

But for straight up metal just hit Metal Haven.

Why did Impulse have to leave....WHY!!!!!