Chicago/Milwaukee CD Stores...

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Hello all! Got some great help here last year when I went to Philadelphia so thought I'd ask again...

Heading to Powerfest next weekend and I'm looking for recommendations of good CD stores in either Chicago or Milwaukee (or anywhere in between). Up to about 45 minutes outside of Chicago is good too. I already know of Impulse and Metal Haven. Those can't be the only two...interesting pawn shops, "off the wall" stores, and the like are also welcome. Look forward to your suggestions!:headbang:

Rolling Stone Records on Harlem/Irving (in Norridge is it) just outside Chicago's city limits used to be a pretty cool place to find just about anything, but I haven't been there in ages.
Maybe some of the other Chicago peeps can give you a heads up on this.

J-Dubya

If you are in the west subs check out "Kiss the Sky" in Batavia and "Record Breakers" in Hoffman Estates. Both stores are diverse, not known for metal, but are cool and independently owned.

dusro2 said:
If you are in the west subs check out "Kiss the Sky" in Batavia and "Record Breakers" in Hoffman Estates. Both stores are diverse, not known for metal, but are cool and independently owned.

I've been to Record Breakers. It is a pretty cool store. Lotsa vinyl, but not much metal.