CD Stores in the vicinity?

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
All right guys...I've gotten some really good help here the last couple of years in regards to CD shops/cool stores to visit in the Chicago area.

My friend and I will be in the area from Thursday-Saturday. We know of Impulse and Metal Haven. Also familiar with rolling stones and a couple of other stores. What other CD shops (new, used, whatever), comic book stores, oddity shops, etc can you guys suggest. We have a rental car so anything within a 60 mile radius is cool with us. We're actually flying into Milwaukee to hit earwax and some others up that way.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys know of in the area! :kickass:

Holy hell!! Is EARWAX still open?
Isn't that more of a punk store? Haven't been in many years.

Well, in terms of price, you can't beat Rolling Stones.
No new release is ever over $11.99, plus they primarily get the import versions of most metal releases.
(Also, LONG before you would see them at Haven or Impulse).

Also, right on the same block is Beyond the Limit, which is primarily a t shirt and drug paraphenelia store, but their metal selection is very decent. Lots of discs there which are actually long out of print (Just not a lot of people seem to shop there so they have stuff that has been sitting there for years).

Sadly, the record store as we know it barely exists in the Chicago-land area.

Reckless Records on Broadway (near Belmont) usually has a good metal selection, both new and used. Not sure its worth the trek out there, esp with Metal Haven having just moved.

I don't know of anything around the Pearl Room area though.

Not sure if this helped at all.

Threshold Music is REALLY close to the Pearl Room (maybe 5-10 minutes away). It is just a normal record store, but actually has a pretty good metal section. It is all along the wall on the lefthand side when you walk in. They also have quite a few metal DVDs and shirts. Here's the address:

Threshold Music
7510 159th Pl
Tinley Park, IL 60477

(708) 429-0220

Threshold Music is REALLY close to the Pearl Room (maybe 5-10 minutes away). It is just a normal record store, but actually has a pretty good metal section. It is all along the wall on the lefthand side when you walk in. They also have quite a few metal DVDs and shirts. Here's the address:

Threshold Music
7510 159th Pl
Tinley Park, IL 60477

(708) 429-0220

Thanks. I have never been here. Might just have to check it out.
Do they have a website? I could not find one.

Thanks! You guys rule! Keep 'em coming. Anything in Milaukee, Madison, suburbs..whatever. My cousin and I use this as a shopping trip as much as anything else!

There's an Ear Wax in Madison as well. Exclusive Company on the west side has an ok metal section. There is a used store near that Exclusive that also has a decent selection of metal. I can get you addresses if you need them.