Blackfield/Anathema shows cancelled...

1000 Faces

Aug 3, 2010
In case anyone else was planning on going, the shows in Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, and Vancouver are definitely cancelled, as Steven's father passed away and he's going back to England to be with his family. If you're planning on going to any of the West Coast shows after those listed, check in advance because there's a chance that those will be spiked as well.

RIP elder Wilson, sorry for the whole circumstances.

The Boston show ruled.

Usually when a concert is cancelled you can get a refund in the same manner as you paid. The last time this happened to me, which was some years ago, I had paid cash at a Ticketmaster so I took the ticket back to ticketmaster and they gave me the same amount back in cash. If you paid with a credit card, it should be re-credited back to you without you having to do anything.

Interesting that Park West, the venue it was supposed to be at still has the show listed as happening. Yeah, with Ticketmaster it's easier, but this show was exclusively through the venue, so I'll have to wait and see.

http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/help.jsp :

"eTix will email all online customers as soon as we have been notified by the venue\promoter of an event postponement or rescheduling. This email will usually contain information regarding the new date (if available) and the refund options available to you. If the new date is not known at the time of postponement follow-up emails will be sent that will include the refund options available to you as defined by the client.

If an event is cancelled and not rescheduled, upon formal notification from the event promoter, we will email all online customers and refunds will automatically be applied to the credit card used by the customer at the time of purchase. In such instances refunds will generally appear on your next credit card statement depending upon your billing cycle. Refunds for cancelled performances include the ticket price and the per ticket convenience charge(s), but do not include per order handling charges (if any) or fees collected for a chosen delivery option.

All ticketed events are scheduled to be held regardless of weather conditions. Sometimes weather or other outside considerations make the performance impossible to complete. In such instances, the event venue or the event promoter are charged with making the final determination of cancellation and refund availability. eTix will automatically issue refunds ONLY if an event is cancelled in its entirety. Refunds for rescheduled shows will be provided only with the venue or promoter's consent

NEVER discard hard tickets until you have received a refund for a cancelled event."

I just received this e-mail:

"Dear ETIX Patron,

It was announced today that this event has been cancelled.

Refunds of the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience
charge will automatically be processed to the credit card used at the time of
purchase. This refund will appear on your next credit card statement depending
upon billing cycle. There is no need to return any tickets you may have
received in the mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

ETIX Customer Support"

This was going to be my 300th concert, and the only one I can remember being cancelled. So I guess I can't complain too much if it happens once every 300 times. Still, there are probably at least a 150 in my list that I would have chosen for that one cancellation over this show!

Neil