Anathema will be Blackfield's special guests in North America

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
From Anathema's Twitter:

We have just confirmed that we will be playing as Special Guests to Blackfield in North America! For details

ANATHEMA TO TOUR US/CANADA WITH BLACKFIELD 31-03-2011
This is the news that many of you have been anticipating.......Anathema have just confirmed that they will be appearing as special guests to Blackfield on the East Coast/Canadian leg of their tour!

Anathema will join Steven, Aviv and the Blackfield band on the following dates:

18th May : 9:30 Club, Washington DC BUY TICKETS
19th May : Theater of the Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA BUY TICKETS
20th May : Irving Plaza, New York, NY BUY TICKETS
21st May : Royale Boston, Boston, MA BUY TICKETS
23rd May : National, Montreal, QC BUY TICKETS
24th May : Opera House, Toronto, ON BUY TICKETS
25th May : House of Blues, Cleveland, OH BUY TICKETS
26th May : St Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI BUY TICKETS
27th May : Park West, Chicago, IL BUY TICKETS

This will be their first tour of the USA and this comes at the perfect time for Anathema, who are currently in the studio recording a new collection of songs. More news on this and future plans for the USA very soon.

In the meantime, make sure to purchase tickets in advance for the Blackfield / Anathema shows. You do NOT want to miss out!

~Jen

This is fucking awesome! I need to see this! :)

I was planing on going to Chile to see Anathema with Anneke... But I've seen Anneke over 10 times already... Blackfield would be a first for me.

Park West for the Chicago show is an odd choice for this show. Though I never heard of Blackfield so it may not be as odd of a choice as it sounds. They just rarely do metal shows there.

Park West for the Chicago show is an odd choice for this show. Though I never heard of Blackfield so it may not be as odd of a choice as it sounds. They just rarely do metal shows there.

Park West is one of the best venues I've ever been to. I think Blackfield will be absolutely spot on there.

Oh, wow! Sold! No way am I missing this now! Great for Anathema, they really do deserve some breaks. I also heard they're going to open for Dream Theater's European shows this summer?

Damn you Glenn, if they didn't make your Best Of last year, I wouldn't know who they were and wouldn't of fell in love with that cd and would care if I went. Must get tix now!!!!!!

I've been there once. It's a very laid back atmosphere and honestly, it works very well for this show. I so wish they released this info earlier, because I probably would have gone as I just think Blackfield is just okay.

Edit: I misread the date. Now I'm just debating as I'm still trying to cut down on shows this year.

Edit: I misread the date. Now I'm just debating as I'm still trying to cut down on shows this year.

Out of curiosity, which other shows do you have in your list this year that take preference over this one?

This show for me is one of the highest priority shows of the year, for instance...

Out of curiosity, which other shows do you have in your list this year that take preference over this one?

This show for me is one of the highest priority shows of the year, for instance...

Volbeat last weekend, Amon Amarth and Rammstein. Earlier this year Gamma Ray and Immortal. Mainly though, the reason I have been cutting down this year is so I can make it down for Progpower this year and so I have some moolah to spend that weekend as well. :lol: Like I said, I just find Blackfield to be okay and have enjoyed a tune or so, but I don't have anything by them. If I were to go to this, Anathema would be the draw for me.

Volbeat last weekend, Amon Amarth and Rammstein. Earlier this year Gamma Ray and Immortal. Mainly though, the reason I have been cutting down this year is so I can make it down for Progpower this year and so I have some moolah to spend that weekend as well. :lol: Like I said, I just find Blackfield to be okay and have enjoyed a tune or so, but I don't have anything by them. If I were to go to this, Anathema would be the draw for me.

Quit buying all those designer socks you always get and go to more shows. Go to this show....this is a show that isnt going to come around often. Bands like Amon Amarth are great but missing them isnt as painful as missing a band that rarely comes to the states oppossed to a band that hits the US like 2 or 3 times a year.

I'm going for Anathema, what Blackfield cd should I get? Suggestions please.

this one obviously:

KSCOPE504-350px.jpg