Dragonforce tour announced

With Gamma Ray and Dragonforce in America at the same time, it seems kind of stupid that they couldn't get their shit together and be on the same tour. That would help fill venues, and even better, not cause the bands to cannibalize each other's business. Instead, you have Gamma Ray announcing their tour first, and Dragonforce touring with a bunch of mismatched openers. Oh well.

Protest the Hero: http://www.myspace.com/protestthehero
Sanctity: http://www.myspace.com/sanctity (there's a video and a player that both load so you need to pause at least one)

Sanctity's song annoys me with what seems to be a quiet vocal track that plays throughout and almost echos the singer. It sounded like I still had two songs playing at the same time and I kept checking to make sure I wasn't. Still, it's a fairly basic metal band.
I can't get the songs to play on the Protest the Hero myspace. I don't know if the stream is off another website but the links to dls on their mainsite is also down & their label doesn't have anything. However, they really look like a punk band. Looks can be deceiving but they seriously look like they would open for something like Yellowcard or Fall Out Boy.

Harvester said:
Holy shit! I wonder if the band is even aware of that?

Glenn H.

Speaking of Dragonforce... what's taking you so long to get these guys to a Prog Power? Ever since Prog Power V, I have been predicting Dragon Force and sorely being disappointed every time. They're such an obvious choice.

What's it gonna take :err: ?

The Michael

Rick Pierpont said:
Yeah, that is pretty strange! I've never heard of any of those other bands. But Mike, check this out.. In one week at Jaxx:
Tuesday, May 2 - Gamma Ray
Thursday, May 4 - Dragon Force
Saturday, May 6 - Spock's Beard

What the hell is Jay going to pull in for Monday, May8?!?!?! I guess no local openers will be needed for the Dragonforce one since it looks full anyhow (not that those other bands will sweeten the deal).

That is one hell of a week. I like Protest the Hero, but they're much more "modern" than Dragonforce. Odd bill, for sure.

Michael TEOF said:
Speaking of Dragonforce... what's taking you so long to get these guys to a Prog Power? Ever since Prog Power V, I have been predicting Dragon Force and sorely being disappointed every time. They're such an obvious choice.

What's it gonna take :err: ?

The Michael

I'm doing it just to piss you off. That, and the fact that the band just got their visa problems solved.

Glenn H.

May is looking like a great month for heavy metal and hard rock so far...

(April 30 - BB Kings in NYC - Exodus, Cryptopsy, Suffocation, Skinless, Full Blown Chaos, and The Classic Struggle)

May 1 - BB Kings in NYC - Gamma Ray, Into Eternity, and Arctic Flame

May 3 - The Trocadero in Philly - Dragonforce, Protest the Hero, and Sanctity

May 16 - BB Kings in NYC - Uli Jon Roth

May 18 - BB Kings in NYC - Montrose and the Lizards

May 29 - The Knitting Factory in NYC - Vader, Destruction, Kataklysym, Speed\Kill/Hate, Graveworm, and The Absence

Harvester said:
I'm doing it just to piss you off.
Glenn H.

HA! You should be nicer to me. I might be bringing my friend and his girlfriend to their first ever Prog Power for VII :) Of course, considering you sell out every year... I don't know if I'd just be taking away a regular's opportunity to get tickets in time.

And I don't care how predictable it seems. Dragonforce HAVE to come to Prog Power one year.

The Michael